Yikes..... here comes Ike

Well we are getting winds now not sure how long we will have power. If we loose power who knows when I will be back on the Dis. But as long as we are alive I will be back. Not so worried about the trip, TT, and golf cart now just still want a roof on my house tomorrow. Do tile roofs do well in a hurricane??

Well, I hope your tile roof does! Stay safe and keep us updated as often as you can.

Well we are getting winds now not sure how long we will have power. If we loose power who knows when I will be back on the Dis. But as long as we are alive I will be back. Not so worried about the trip, TT, and golf cart now just still want a roof on my house tomorrow. Do tile roofs do well in a hurricane??

tile does better than most, how old is your tile?

They just said if you lose power it will be 2 weeks before you get power back. This could be my last time to type here for a while. We will lose power.

Just keep a watch (what you can watch of it) on it for loose ones. Usually tile holds up real well, unless most of the roof is loose, then they all become flying missiles. Since you take care of your house, I don't think you will have a problem.

I hope you stay safe Lone Star. We'll be praying for you and your family.

Lone Star, hope it is not as bad as they are making it to be. Hang tight and stay safe. I am praying for you.

Still have power :woohoo: 50 mph winds now and for the next 12 hrs with 90mph gusts. So here is hoping for the best. I have the company backhoe here (because my house is further from the gulf then the shop) so I am ready for clean up.

Wow. Please stay safe! If you loose power is there anyone you can get in touch with so we know you're ok?

I never tried posting from my cell phone but its a palm centro so I thank I can post a ok from it.

I have a palm centro and yes you can post from it. You can even set the dis mode to mobile so it is easier to view on the small screen.

I am in the Dallas area and they just reported 425,000 are without power. Our area is suppose to receive 40 mph sustained winds. My Dad is a Ham operator they have been working all day to help with communications if needed.

Shelley

The eye wall just hit Galveston. Dallas news has people standing outside with no wind in the eye. The storm surge is 12 feet right now at the Galveston pier. Several fires also.

Shelley

Oh gosh. What a mess this is going to be!! Our local power companies are already geared to send convoys of workers to Texas to help get power restored. I remember in 2004 when we saw multitudes of power workers from other states here in Florida to help restore the power. Wow! Were we ever thankful! Most restaurants fed these men and women for free. I know these people will be making lots of $$$ in overtime, but so what?? They go of their own accord and are not forced to leave their homes to help others. We are a great nation!!! God bless them!!!

Lone-Star....please keep us posted when you are able to. You are in my prayers, buddy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter