YIKES! $448 for Polynesian Garden View!

Last time we stayed at the Poly, (2000) we had a Garden View room as well. We paid 169.00 per eve W/AP discount special. A family was in the room next to us. The DD was a Military officer, and informed us he was paying $40.00 per eve for the same room (God Bless the USA...and our wonderful military!) With these prices in mind..it would be difficult to swallow the $400+ per eve.

*(Blondie! LOL...Mel Gibson?!:p =Definitely WORTH the $$$);)

Yikes. That sounds more like a month's rent to me!

I would ditch those high prices and make ressies at WL instead or wait for a discount!

Thanks for all of the replys!

Ityldu - the $448 is room only, rack rate including taxes for Peak Season 2003, NOT a package price. I've always found the packages much more expensive than doing eveything myself with or without a code.

Princess Angel - Boy I sure do hope for a discount! We originally booked our 2001 stay at the Polynesian for April School Vacation Week. I think our Garden View was going to be around $350 night with taxes. We said to ourselves, "What are we crazy? We're spending sooo much money to be at Disney at one of the most crowded times of year!" So we changed our reservations to August 2001 and using the infamous "Hispanic Room Only" code got the Polynesian for $198 including taxes! August was hot, humid and rainy and the weather really detracted from our vacation. We won't be going back in the summer (at least not until our youngest is in school full time). BTW, I think 2002 was the first time I've EVER seen even a 10% MKC / Disney Club discount for the weeks around Easter. (We've been members since 1988!)

Cottontail - We are limited by the school calendar. So our choices are President's Week, Spring Vacation Week or Summer. Summer was way too humid. Even my normally sweet dispositioned wife was miserable watching Spectromagic at 9:00 p.m when the temps were still in the 90's and the humidity was so thick it was almost foggy.

Antonia - The Royal Pacific sounds very nice (but it is at that "other park") and your rate is for value season. I read an article on the RP yesterday in the Orlando Sentinel and I think Universal Officials commented that the resort is not up-scale like Portofino Bay.

Laura - We've stayed at the WL once before. The rooms were very small in comparison to those at the Polynesian. There was nowhere to put your luggage. Other than room size, we thought it was nice.

I'll keep watching the boards for announcement of the Disney Club discounts for 2003. I doubt that there will be any great codes for the 2 weeks around Easter. Our entire family is hooked on the Polynesian, so a moderate is out of the question. Anything less than the Polynesian will leave us saying, "it's only money - why didn't we just go for it?!" (been there / done that with one night at the All Star which was not for us!) Also our stay at the WL left us missing the Polynesian and the monorail - my kids even made up a monorail song! Maybe we need a 12 step program for resort withdrawl!
:)

I booked 3 rooms in August last year and ended up paying $209 a night for a lagoon view. I would have to book moderate if there were no codes or discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter