• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another newbie and WDW virgin....

DizneyPrincezz

Disney Spoiledty
With many questions and not sure where to start :blush: .
Please forgive me if I've chosen the wrong spot to begin...I've been lurking the boards for a little while and haven't found answers to a couple of my questions, soooooo.....I've decided to stop lurking and just ask.

Here goes....
I grew up in Southern Cali and have been to Disneyland more times then I have gray hairs on my head (which is more then I care to count, tyvm... LOL! ;) ). I'm FINALLY getting ready to live out a life long dream of going to WDW with my wonderful family (we're leaving in just a few days)!! :cheer2:

(The questions are coming....I promise!! :) )

I just found this message board about a month ago (thank God for Google!) and have been ever so pleased with everyone's friendliness and willingness to help. I've been diligently taking notes and I believe I'm about as ready as can be for our trip....however....I do have a few jitters and I this is where my questions come in.

If you're still reading....THANK YOU sooo much :thumbsup2 ....
First question....Is there a thread or a section for military families on this message board? Perhaps in all my reading I over looked it or just haven't dug deep enough. So I'm sorry if I missed it. If there is such a section, will you kindly direct me? We are staying at SOG and I only seen one thread that mentioned it....but I guess what I'm asking is....How is it and what is your advice for getting to and from the different WDW parks? We're a family of 5 (me, DH, DS (17), and two DD's (ages 13 & 10). We're HUGE Disney fans (the highlight of my entire Disney life was going to Disneyland twice last year for the 50th anniversary celebration!! Good times...good times!) and we are just oozing with excitement to be going to Fla!

Well...ok...I think that's it for now. I can't tell you how happy I am that I found all of you on this message board. It just sucks that I didn't get here sooner. But being an optimist...I will say I am very glad I DID find you :sunny: !!!

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Hugs,
Sher

Welcome! :wave: :wave:

To answer your questions: I don't know about a board/section/area for military families but what a great idea if one doesn't exist! And...Have you searched the resorts board about SOG? I see posts about that resort regularly.

Have a great trip to WDW!! :banana: :banana:

Thank you for the welcome!

I had looked through the resorts section and only found one thread about SOG. I'll do more looking though. Thanks for the advice! :goodvibes

Allears.net has a ton of info on the parks, dining, resorts even w pics. Go to www.allearsnet.com and click on "accommodations" then "rate and review" click on "Disney resorts" toward the bottom was Shades of Green. Before we chose Pop I read all the reviews, looked at the pics of the resort. It is another great website :goodvibes
Have a great trip.
Sharon

Thanks Sharon! I'll take a look at Allears and see what other advice I can use! I appreciate the tip! :thumbsup2

I hope you find all the info you need here for your upcoming trip, we are always here to help in any way. :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Hi Sher :wave2: and welcome to the Dis Boards.

There is a Board for the families and friends of people serving in the armed forces. If you look under "Just for Fun", the first board listed is the Community Board. If you go into the Community Board, there is a sub-board at the top of the page called "United We Stand". Here's the link http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

I've heard nothing but good things about SOG, although I've never stayed there. I've seen several SOG posts on the DIS Boards, most of them under "Disney Resorts" under the Trip Planning Section (the same place where the Welcome Board is located. If you go into "Disney Resorts" do a search for SOG and you should find quite a few posts.

Have a great trip!

I was just at SOG last weekend. Buses run regularly to the TTC to catch the monorails to MK or EPCOT. They run every 15 minutes. Buses to all other parks run 1 time per hour and being military they tend to be exactly on time and leave even when you are running to reach them. You can easily walk down the path to the Poly resort and use transportation from there which if you are not going at exactly the right time will be faster. It is a .4 mile walk to get to the Poly- a little bit more to get into the lobby. Sometimes you can even catch the shady shuttle down to the Poly it runs from sometime in the morning until 6pm. If you have any other questions about the resort feel free to PM me. I have stayed there many times in the last couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter