Yet another comparison thread: POR vs CBR?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
Our one night stay this fall to do MVMCP before a cruise is not eligible for any discounts :( so my hopes of getting a deluxe resort have been dashed. I've stayed once at POR and thought it was okay but wasn't wowed, and have never been to CBR. Is it worth trying CBR to check off the box of staying somewhere new or is it not as nice as POR?

I can get a preferred room at POR for pretty much the exact same price as a standard at CBR, which seems like a big plus for POR as it looks like the CBR rooms might be a long walk from the main areas. On the other hand, I know CBR just had a major refurb and the centertown and pool areas (which we'll explore before the party as we are arriving early) look really nice. How does the bus service compare at the two resorts]? As we are only going to MK we won't be making use of the gondolas, so that doesn't affect us (except to the extent it may make CBR more crowded). Another factor is that I've heard there are no elevators in the alligator bayou rooms at POR which may be a pain with a stroller and luggage--is that true for CBR too?

Thanks!

Before giving up all hope for deluxe, check with a "magical" travel agent. They tend to find discounts for every time of year.

That said, if you were not wowed by POR then maybe try something new. I have not stayed at CBR, but at least you could say you tried it for future reference. CSR, though, would be my choice if I could get a good price.

I think the rooms at CBR are just as nice as those at POR. We did not have good bus service when we stayed at CBR, but for one night, I'm not sure I would let that make my decision. We like to try different resorts, so I would definitely try another one if you weren't that impressed with POR. For one night, what about POP? It's a value resort, but the rooms have been recently renovated and are nice.

CBR. POR and Fort Wilderness cabins are the only value/mod resorts available on our night. We are a family of 5 so that limits our options. I guess I could consider fort wilderness but the internal transportation seems like such a pain.

We have stayed at POR & CBR & would choose CBR. My kids love the “feel” of CBR- the colors, the music that’s played as you walk the paths- we find it to be a fun resort. We have not stayed during/since construction, so I can’t speak to that, but we wouldn’t hesitate to stay at CBR again.
Bus service at any resort can be slow, and we haven’t found CBR to be better or worse than others, even the Deluxe resorts experience bus issues!
If a preferred room is really important to you, than go with POR. Otherwise, I’d give CBR a try.
Enjoy your Trip! 😀

I've stayed at POR once and CBR at least 6x, so that tells you where my vote would be! My latest stay at CBR was this past March. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the food court. I had an ECV and never experienced any issues with buses. I think we only waited more than 20 minutes for a bus one time.

I think we were leaning toward trying something new anyway and It helps to see folks here like CBR. I just switched the rezzie :)

CBR is my favorite moderate resort. I've stayed there twice and at POR once. I didn't care for POR. We're staying at CBR again in November before our cruise .

Some of it obviously comes down to theme preference. I live in the wooded south so the campy woodsy alligator bayou theme does not appeal to me like the beachy theme.

CBR does not have elevators either.

Standard rooms are not as life ending as they get a reputation for. There is a nice bridge over to the main building and the walk is beautiful and not as long as I expected given what I had read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter