• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YES! I finally got the 14th floor at the Contemporary!

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
YIPPEE!
I was finally able to score a concierge room on the coveted 14th floor at the Contemporary for January!

DH and I have been wanting to try this CL for years, but it's always BOOKED SOLID!
Even when we got on the 11th floor, we could not upgrade to the 12th, much less the 14th...always booked!

This will be a nice treat as it will be during the WDW Marathon and we'll be in the middle of all the action!
DH likes getting on the elevator and going down to the health club to work out and use the sauna!

So excited! Just had to share!

OK....all you 14th lovers! Tell me we're gonna love it!

:bounce: :bounce:

i was looking at pictures, and if you would please let me know if the 14th floor rooms are done it the nice more neutral colors?

That is AWESOME!! Good for youprincess:
What is it that makes the "14th Floor" so special?? And so Hard to get??

:love1: <------Bambie kissing the CM who booked her!! :p

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Originally posted by johnsonet
That is AWESOME!! Good for youprincess:
What is it that makes the "14th Floor" so special?? And so Hard to get??

Yes, extremely hard to get! There are only 3 regular rooms, the rest are suites.

Congrats!! I know this has been a dream of yours! You're going to have a great time! <-----but, you know that! :)

Debbie

Ok, I just have to ask. I hope you don't mind. How much is a decent rate for 14th floor. I know it's concierge but was wondering how much the plain room is ~vs~ suites. Any pricing
info would be great.

OH~ how rude of me. CONGRTULATIONS!!! We love January when we go home too.

Thanks, Wendi

You are going to LOVE IT!
IMO it's the ONLY WDW concierge worth the money.

Have a fun and a magical trip!

Originally posted by Kimberle
:love1: <------Bambie kissing the CM who booked her!! :p

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ROTFL, Kimberle!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

johnsonet...from what I've heard, the 14th floor at the CR is the "be-all-end-all" of concierges at WDW.

Now...being a concierge addict that I am....I'm very intrigued by all of this, and the fact that it's always booked!

And what Kimberle said is accurate....3 regular concierge rooms, which are around 480 sq ft each and run around $495 per night.
Suites can go up to $1750 per night. (before taxes)

Hey! Eisner and crew stays there...it's gotta be the BEST! :scratchin

KELLI...I actually like the bold and bright colors in our Tower room! But, after looking at some of the 14th floor pics...more neutral tones, I believe we'll enjoy our stay there!

Wendi...go to Our Laughing Place for more price info.:wave2:

Originally posted by BambiTamby
ROTFL, Kimberle!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

johnsonet...from what I've heard, the 14th floor at the CR is the "be-all-end-all" of concierges at WDW.

Now...being a concierge addict that I am....I'm very intrigued by all of this, and the fact that it's always booked!

And what Kimberle said is accurate....3 regular concierge rooms, which are around 480 sq ft each and run around $495 per night.
Suites can go up to $1750 per night. (before taxes)

Hey! Eisner and crew stays there...it's gotta be the BEST! :scratchin

KELLI...I actually like the bold and bright colors in our Tower room! But, after looking at some of the 14th floor pics...more neutral tones, I believe we'll enjoy our stay there!

Wendi...go to Our Laughing Place for more price info.:wave2:

I wonder why it is the "be-all-end-all"?? Also Eisner generally stays at the Yacht Club or the Grand Floridian.

Ohh Bambi I am soooo jealous! I had the opportunity to book the 14th floor for our July trip, but I had to decline..I was told that the 14th floor rooms do not have a day bed...and with 3 single adults and a kiddo...we need the extra bed :(

I hope you have a blast!!!!!!!!!!

Jungle Josh

BambiTamby, I had that room booked last year but had to cancel that vacation (conflict with son's school schedule). I was really looking forward to staying there as I had read many nice things about that floor from some fellow Dis'ers. I hope you take lots of photos of your room to share with us.

I thought Michael Eisner always stays in a special suite at the BC!?! Now I'm reading about the CR, YC and GF. I love the rumor mill...
does anyone know for an absolute FACT where it is that he stays? Just curious...

I thought Michael Eisner always stays in a special suite at the BC!?! Now I'm reading about the CR, YC and GF. I love the rumor mill...
does anybone know for an absolute FACT where it is that he stays? Just curious...

We were upgraded to the Newport Suite at the BC in May of 2003. We had seen it featured by Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel previously. We were told at the time that this is where Eisner, Cruise, and a host of other "stars" usually stayed at Disney. However, they probably stay at other resorts as well.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

WOW WDW LifeLong Fan ! You've stayed at so many WDW resorts:earseek: :earseek: That is awesome. Would you mind sharing your all-time favorite? Or is there not just one?? I ask b/c I have AKL booked for next month (short stay - with 2 little girls (7 & 5)- and I'm wondering whether we should try something new. We have stayed at and love GF, AKL and WL. Wondering about Poly, BC and YC in particular. From someone who has stayed at (I think) every deluxe, I'd LOVE to know your opinion. Thanks! -Liz

WOW WDW LifeLong Fan ! You've stayed at so many WDW resorts:earseek: :earseek: That is awesome. Would you mind sharing your all-time favorite? Or is there not just one?? I ask b/c I have AKL booked for next month (short stay - with 2 little girls (7 & 5)- and I'm wondering whether we should try something new. We have stayed at and love GF, AKL and WL. Wondering about Poly, BC and YC in particular. From someone who has stayed at (I think) every deluxe, I'd LOVE to know your opinion. Thanks! -Liz

Well I haven't stayed at all Deluxes but of the BW, YC and Poly the Poly wins especially with 2 little girls! I thought the others were really nice but then I fell in LOVE with the Poly's true away from it all feel. It is just so magical at night with the Tiki torches and music and the castle changing colors. I would think the girls would love the view of the castle and the pool. I know SAB is great too but I think you might find the smaller pool more relaxing for you with 2 little ones. I haven't been to SAB with kids but have read that it can be hard to keep track of little ones there. The CL at Poly is great too.

That is fantastic news, wow I can't even imagine how wonderful your trip will be.

When we were there this last March, several CMs told us thay he stays there frequently.....

Just one story for example....DH and I are having lattes at Contemporary Grounds one afternoon and a female "suit" comes up and orders several lattes and cappucinos.....when the girl was making these drinks, the suit says..."you know, one of those is Mr. Eisner's".
CM smiled and kept on making the drinks.

After the Eisner's "suit' leaves...she tells us...
"she's been telling me that all week! I hate it when she does that! How would you feel if your job could be lost with a "bad" latte for Mr.Eisner?...blablaba..."

Sweet girl..just stressed!:hyper:

Anyways...she told us that Eisner stays there (14th floor) alot and sometimes they will take the whole 14th floor whenever they are there.:smooth:

We've talked to many other nice CMs that shared the same info...
Eisner stays on the 14th floor of CR.

Now...maybe he DOES also stay at GF and YC, too.
who knows?:wave2:

Bambi I am SO happy for you! You sure have some wonderful trips planned. I'm sure you and your family will have a fantastic time!!!

If your suitcase feels a little heavier, take a peek inside...you just might find ME hidden in there! LOL! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter