Yes, another UY question...

jara1528

Always dreaming about Disney!
I've been reading quite a bit on the boards and I think I know the answer but I would like some validation.

We would most often travel in December or March, occasionally in June. December would be the most beneficial UY for us because of the banking deadline. From what I can tell there isn't a November UY. October or September would be okay unless we needed to cancel a June trip last minute.

Does that sound right?

I've been reading quite a bit on the boards and I think I know the answer but I would like some validation.

We would most often travel in December or March, occasionally in June. December would be the most beneficial UY for us because of the banking deadline. From what I can tell there isn't a November UY. October or September would be okay unless we needed to cancel a June trip last minute.

Does that sound right?

every month has a use year. What are you trying to do?

There is no November, January , may, or July uy. It looks like December would be best to bank points if you have to cancel a June trip.

Bill you are too quick

January, May, July, and November are not UY months.

:earsboy: Bill

There is no November, January , may, or July uy. It looks like December would be best to bank points if you have to cancel a June trip.

Bill you are too quick

The OP is correct, There are only points in 8 UYs
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/owning-dvc/1557-distribution-of-dvc-points-by-use-year

If you contemplate the inside 30 day cancellation window (points go into holding and cannot be banked) you would cancel a June trip in May or earlier to bank. You can bank October UY points in May. I think October would be a valid choice.

I stand corrected. Shows how much I pay attention to the details. I still don't get what the op wants to do.

The OP is correct, There are only points in 8 UYs
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/owning-dvc/1557-distribution-of-dvc-points-by-use-year

If you contemplate the inside 30 day cancellation window (points go into holding and cannot be banked) you would cancel a June trip in May or earlier to bank. You can bank October UY points in May. I think October would be a valid choice.

Thanks for your explanation. I didn't know about holding points. One more thing to research.:)

I stand corrected. Shows how much I pay attention to the details. I still don't get what the op wants to do.

DVCMikey,
We are looking into purchasing a DVC resale contract and I was just "thinking out loud" to see if my thoughts on a potential use year were right about banking points.
Thanks for the replies.:)

DVCMikey,
We are looking into purchasing a DVC resale contract and I was just "thinking out loud" to see if my thoughts on a potential use year were right about banking points.

DVCMikey,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter