Yellow Key To The World Cards?

MainStreetMouse

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a stay at the BCV's. When we were given our room key / cards they were not the usually sky blue colour, this time they were yellow in colour.

Often at the park when I would show might to purchase something I was asked by cast members why my card was a different colour. I told them I didn't know.

Anyone know why our KTTW cards were a different colour?

We just returned from a stay at the BCV's. When we were given our room key / cards they were not the usually sky blue colour, this time they were yellow in colour.

Often at the park when I would show might to purchase something I was asked by cast members why my card was a different colour. I told them I didn't know.

Anyone know why our KTTW cards were a different colour?

Usually concierge level is yellow/gold. Since they don't have that at BCV, not sure why they gave it to you. Beach Club has concierge, maybe they made an error and printed on the wrong card.

We checked in at the BC desk so they probably printed the keys on the wrong cards. Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Concierge level and VIP status get the yellow cards. I had them at BWV when we booked an event at Epcot in 2007. The keys gave us access to the Concierge on the inn side. We also got a few gifts in the room.

We received gold cards once at SSR. We were told that we had VIP status (we had a comp'd night due to a problem that wasn't handled well on a previous trip) and cast members are supposed to treat you nicer when they see your cards.

In reality nobody knew what they meant and the only special attention was being asked why they were yellow. :laughing:

We received gold cards once at SSR. We were told that we had VIP status (we had a comp'd night due to a problem that wasn't handled well on a previous trip) and cast members are supposed to treat you nicer when they see your cards.

In reality nobody knew what they meant and the only special attention was being asked why they were yellow. :laughing:

LOL, yes we had a cast member at Holiday Studios, Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT ask us about the yellow cards.

I thought they may have been just for DVC members. I now know why.

In any event, everyone who attends any Disney resort or theme park is a VIP. We all are the reason why the gates open every day.

LOL, yes we had a cast member at Holiday Studios, Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT ask us about the yellow cards.
During some of our previous Club Level stays I also had some Cast Members asking me about the gold KTTW cards and I told them why they were that colour. Well it turns out some of them had never seen those types of cards before and had no idea WDW even had them.

Strange that cast members wouldn't know about the gold key cards. They are necessary to get to the CL level in the elevators at AKV!

Strange that cast members wouldn't know about the gold key cards. They are necessary to get to the CL level in the elevators at AKV!

I was never questioned at the resort, just a few times at some of the parks so maybe those cast members at the parks do not see these cards often enough.

I was never questioned at the resort, just a few times at some of the parks so maybe those cast members at the parks do not see these cards often enough.

Could be, but I see them all the time when folks go through the turnstyles. Maybe it's only those turnstyle folks that see them much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter