year of your first visit to Walt Disney World

So far, I am the earliest one, 1974. But there is room to beat me! The only hotels were the Contemporary and the Polynesian. We always stayed at Ft. Wilderness. We tried to do everything because my parents said we were never going back. But we made it an annual trip. We went to River Country and Discovery Island. The one day admission to the Magic Kingdom was $6.00 and you got a booklet of A-E tickets. We loved staying at Ft. Wilderness and most of my memories are campground memories.

1990. I remember leaving kindergarten early for my dad to pick me up. We drove and I saw ear force one through the t-tops in my parent's car.

I don't remember much else from that trip to be honest.

Happy Easter, Sean! I can't say I remember for sure, but I think my first visit was in 1987, when I was eleven years old. I might be off a year or two there somewhere. My first to Disney as a married adult with my wife and children was in 2002, I was 25.

I think mine was in 1979. I was 8 and my brother was 5. We stayed at a Day's Inn in Kissimmee. I remember that we had tickets from Kodak and I lost mine. They were attached to your clothing by a string. My mother was quite angry with me. We also had our ticket book since my Aunt had been there the year before and had some left over tickets. That was also my first plane ride (Charter through Kodak). We have been back many times and I will be there in December to celebrate my 50th with the Magic Kingdom

I think it was 1995 and I was an adult. I went with my then boyfriend, now husband. We've been back 4 times since with our two kids. Our last visit was about 4 years ago.

Not sure if it was 1974 or 1975. We drove down from NJ. I am sure we stayed at one of the cheapest motels that my dad could find.

Hi there! :) My name's Sean! :) I'm 30 years old, and I've got autism. First of all, I want to wish everybody a Happy Easter! :)

I live near St. Louis with my grandparents, and even though I've never been to Florida, but since Disney World is going to celebrate its 50th anniversary this year, what year did you first visit Disney World in Orlando, whether it was in 1971 (the year Magic Kingdom opened), 1982 (the year EPCOT Center opened, now Epcot), 1989 (the year the Disney-MGM Studios opened, now Disney's Hollywood Studios), 1998 (the year Disney's Animal Kingdom opened), etc., and what was your experience like during your first visit/vacation to Disney World? :)

Thanks! :)
Sean :)

October 1981
I was 20 years old
It was magical!

Hi Sean! My first trip was in 1998. We went as a family with our 3 children who were 8, 6, and 3 and a half then. We had such a good time that we went back, taking our camper a couple of times and staying at Ft Wilderness. Now that our kids are grown and on their own, my husband and I went in 2017 for our 30th anniversary, and I sometimes go on solo trips when he goes on scuba trips. It is a wonderful fantasy world to enjoy.

My first trip was in late September of 1972. I had been to Disneyland the year before and remember thinking how quiet it was compared to Disneyland. Starting in 2001, I have made yearly trips to Disney World with my children and granddaughters.

Nice to meet you! My son has autism as well, he is 18 and graduating from high school this year.

I think my first trip was 1986, I was 5 and I don't remember anything from the Disney portion of the trip, my only memory is I lost my tooth while we were staying in a rental place on the beach and the tooth fairy brought me a dime.

The first trip I remember is when I took my oldest child for his 7th birthday in 2010. Lots of memories were made on that trip; one of my favorites things was exploring Tom Sawyer Island with my son, we got a few precious hours to ourselves and we had so much fun.

My first trip was between Christmas and New years 1985. It was so busy I only got to go on one ride, Dumbo, I was 4 years old. My second trip was my wife's first trip on our honeymoon in 2009.

Hi there! :) My name's Sean! :) I'm 30 years old, and I've got autism. First of all, I want to wish everybody a Happy Easter! :)

I live near St. Louis with my grandparents, and even though I've never been to Florida, but since Disney World is going to celebrate its 50th anniversary this year, what year did you first visit Disney World in Orlando, whether it was in 1971 (the year Magic Kingdom opened), 1982 (the year EPCOT Center opened, now Epcot), 1989 (the year the Disney-MGM Studios opened, now Disney's Hollywood Studios), 1998 (the year Disney's Animal Kingdom opened), etc., and what was your experience like during your first visit/vacation to Disney World? :)

Thanks! :)
Sean :)
Hi Sean. Happy Easter to you too. I also grew up in the St. Louis area.

I was 20 when I first visited Disney World in 1972 with some friends. We had a great time even though it was much, much smaller than today. It was far less crowded too. We also went to Gatorland and Cypress Gardens (which is now Legoland). After that, we spent several days at Clearwater Beach. Thanks for reminding me about how much fun we had.

January 1972. We stayed in our small camper at Fort Wilderness. I remember there was a train going thru the campground.
WDW still had that “new theme park” smell. 🤣

Hi Sean! In January 1977 I went to WDW with my DH and our young son, Matthew. He was 2/1/2 and I was pregnant with his brother. We stayed at the Poly, and it was wonderful!

Hi Sean!
My first trip was less than 4 months ago! (Christmas 2020). I went with my husband and two kids (DS9 & DD6). We loved it so much we went back two months later! We enjoyed everything, even though it was post-covid, because we didn’t know any better. We’re hoping each subsequent trip will just get better and better as they reopen closed things.
Thanks for starting a fun thread!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter