YC or Cypress Pointe

Minnie

DIS Veteran
Cast Members - DM (mom), DS (12), and me
Date - July 2006
Rental car - Yes no matter which
WDW veterans wanting to have a relaxing trip this year

We can either stay at the YC for our July trip on the AP rate for $189 a night or $1323.00 + tax for entire trip.

Or we can stay at the Cypress Pointe for between $70-90 a night or $500-600 + tax for the entire trip.

Which one would you choose????????

Thanks!

I don't like the YC....

now the BC and I would have a problem. But I didn't like the YC the one time that I did agree to stay there...

so I would go with CP - but remember you need to add the cost of a rental car in your calculations for CP.

you don't need one for YC - but you will for CP.

also no EMH, no DME....

CP is a lovely resort.

I will edit my post to include a few more details.

To answer the question though we will have a rental car no matter which one we stay at.

it was too formal for my taste.

also they gave us a wonderful room - lagoon view - it was wonderful. the problem it was heck of a walk to the lobby when the weather was bad.... Which it was most of this trip.

the places to eat are along the lobby and go to the BC....

at the time I had not discovered wheelchair - or how to trick mother into taking one.... at 73 it was a horrible walk for her.

It took us around 14 minutes to get back to the lobby (no I am not kidding).

I am by nature messy - so places that are that formal just make me nervous...I am always afraid I am going to spill something.... Not a good atmopshere for my vacation time. I like relaxed and carefree...

How much do I love questions like these?? :teeth:
It just makes me smile to have these kind of horrible dilemmas!! :goodvibes

Are you ready for a long post??

First off, we've never stayed at CP, but we have at YC and BCV...and DVC owners at BCV, so my thoughts *may* be a little biased...we're offsite converts if you're putting me in a 4+star villa;)

We're WDW vets too, with PAP's.

Sooo.....
1)Want a relaxing afternoon by a fab pool with the 12 yr old..
Big check mark for YC, but CP has a nice pool (from what I've read)
2)Enjoy the countries/restaurants at Epcot?
Another big check for YC (but staying off site with a car, you can go anywhere you please. If you're like us, though, and enjoy an occasional glass of wine with dinner, WDW transport takes you:) )
3)How much of a consideration is the budget?
This could break it for us...CP would win.
4)Like Spicey said, YC is big, rooms are spread out, and the eateries are all central...CP, but you have the option of having more food choices right in your room..
CP wins this one

So far, it's tied for me....

Having a rental car, staying at YC means you have the best of both on and off...but CP has the added bonus of fridge, w/d, etc, right in your room.

Budget would make it or break it....especially food wise. You'll have to eat out practically every meal at YC, whereas CP is going to give you a "pj day" if you have groceries with you.

Well, YC could give you a really luxurious pj Day if you order room service...but everyone is all together in one room...CP you could spread out.

Oops, I forgot to ask, are you getting a one or 2 bedroom at CP?

If you're getting a studio, forget it..we'd be at the YC!!

So it comes down to size of accomodations, what you like to enjoy with dinner (so you don't have to drive), budget considerations, and whether EMH are important to you.

HTH!!

:sunny:

As I am recovering from a nasty accident I feel very blessed to have this dilemma at all :goodvibes

Right now the YC is winning for us as the YC AP rate we got is really great. My DS has always wanted to try SAB and I was planning a relaxing vacation mainly using EMH as our park time since we are WDW vets and AP holders.

We might split the ressie and stay offsite the first couple nights, try a stay at the beach for the first couple nights, ect, ect.

So many choices - gotta love it :cloud9:

If you really can't decide...split the ressie. Just make sure you are onsite at the end of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter