YC Lagoon View or YC Standard CL??

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
Would you spend $1000 more for Club Level? I'm torn. We're doing the regular dining plan, as well, so I'm thinking we don't really need it. I'm also buying an AP just for this trip because it looks like it'll save on our room.
Can someone tell me if this looks good? I'll post below the options. Thank you!! Btw, this is for a 5-night trip.

Lagoon View
1st room - 3,275 (includes DDP)
2nd room - 3,513 (includes DDP)

Standard View-CL
1st room - 3,781 (includes DDP)
2nd room - 4,019 (includes DDP)

The difference in prices for the same room is because one room will have a child in it, as opposed to a 15 year old in the other.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
For me, it would really depend on how many people are in each room. With CL, the more people in your room, the better value it becomes. For my family of 3, we rarely do CL anymore because it's typically cheaper for us to book a standard room or villa and simply stock our fridge with snacks and drinks we like or use the savings on TS restaurants. On the DDP, personally, I would be hard-pressed to justify also adding CL.

I personally wouldn’t do CL and the DDP. Most folks (including me) are generally going to recommend against it.

I do love YC CL though, and they have very good lounge food offerings (in my opinion). We recently discovered YC CL this past year and have really enjoyed it there.

I don’t mind paying more for CL, but at a place like YC that doesn’t have a particular CL room location/view or unique lounge space/view advantage, the extra cost with the DDP seems like overkill.

For me, it would really depend on how many people are in each room. With CL, the more people in your room, the better value it becomes. For my family of 3, we rarely do CL anymore because it's typically cheaper for us to book a standard room or villa and simply stock our fridge with snacks and drinks we like or use the savings on TS restaurants. On the DDP, personally, I would be hard-pressed to justify also adding CL.
There will be 3 per room. Filling the fridge sounds like a good idea. Thank you!

I personally wouldn’t do CL and the DDP. Most folks (including me) are generally going to recommend against it.

I do love YC CL though, and they have very good lounge food offerings (in my opinion). We recently discovered YC CL this past year and have really enjoyed it there.

I don’t mind paying more for CL, but at a place like YC that doesn’t have a particular CL room location/view or unique lounge space/view advantage, the extra cost with the DDP seems like overkill.
Thank you! I think we’re going to nix the CL idea. We’ll save that for another trip!

We've done regular CL once at YC and didn't think it was worth the price based on the way we toured. We didn't take advantage of the midday snacks and by the time we returned to the room at night the CL perks were mostly done. And it's a hike from CL to the pool, so you can't really take advantage of the CL drinks during the day if you intend to hang out at the pool. We've stayed at YC many times but won't do CL again. That said, lagoon view is great!

I’ve been searching high and low for an idea of what food offerings are available. I have a semi picky Hubby and I live everybting. We are staying during food and wine so debating if we should nix CL in favor of that and get a better view room.

We've done regular CL once at YC and didn't think it was worth the price based on the way we toured. We didn't take advantage of the midday snacks and by the time we returned to the room at night the CL perks were mostly done. And it's a hike from CL to the pool, so you can't really take advantage of the CL drinks during the day if you intend to hang out at the pool. We've stayed at YC many times but won't do CL again. That said, lagoon view is great!
Thank you! The more I think about it, I really don’t think it would fit our style of touring either. I almost feel like it would be anxiety provoking for me, because I like to get the most bang for my buck! I’m sure it would drive me nuts to miss eating time if we already paid for it!

Thank you! The more I think about it, I really don’t think it would fit our style of touring either. I almost feel like it would be anxiety provoking for me, because I like to get the most bang for my buck! I’m sure it would drive me nuts to miss eating time if we already paid for it!

Yeah, if that is your mindset (which I’m not challenging BTW, totally get it), even more reason I think you’re heading in the right direction with your decision. :-)

I’ve been searching high and low for an idea of what food offerings are available. I have a semi picky Hubby and I live everybting. We are staying during food and wine so debating if we should nix CL in favor of that and get a better view room.

The Club Level thread has a ton of info and some very knowledgeable folks if you want to dig in further. Here are some links to trip reports from last year:

Yacht Club CL - July 2018
Yacht Club CL - Oct 2018
Yacht Club - Dec 2018

Seeing those typed out makes me feel like I have a YC addiction problem, but they were all short stays. We did a one nighter there in July (first time) and caught the YC bug, so crammed in a few other trips. Scroll past the room pics and you’ll get to lots of food info.

Happy to answer any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter