YC & BC Area Question

bellazachmom

DIS Veteran
What QS restaurants are there in the area that you can use your dining credits at?

I know that Beaches & Cream has a "to go" window that you can use the QS credits for, but is there anywhere else?

How about over in the Boardwalk area?

We usually use our QS in the parks, but we have family joining us this trip that will not bevisiting the parks but still need to use their credits.

Thanks!

B&C is not a QS restaurant...not even the carryout window although you can use snack credits there for a single scoop, beverage or Mickey bar.

At Y&BC, you can use a QS credit at Hurricane Hannah's or BC Marketplace.

Have fun!!!!:cool1:

B&C is not a QS restaurant...not even the carryout window although you can use snack credits there for a single scoop, beverage or Mickey bar.

At Y&BC, you can use a QS credit at Hurricane Hannah's or BC Marketplace.

Have fun!!!!:cool1:

Thanks!

I appreciate the clarification about B&C -- while I knew that the restaurant wasn't a QS, a few dining plans ago we were able to get "To Go" food from the walk-up side and used QS credits. We will plan differently for this trip.

I have read but not seen myself that the to go window is now gone.

I know that Beaches & Cream has a "to go" window that you can use the QS credits for

The To Go area no longer serves food other than ice cream (no specialty sundaes though). You can use snack credits there for some items, but not QS credits. (For a short period last year, Beaches & Cream did serve QS breakfasts, but they have discontinued that)

You can use QS credits at Hurricane Hanna's, Beach Club Marketplace, and the Boardwalk Bakery. Continental breakfasts are served at the Belle View Lounge (Boardwalk) and one of the lounges at Yacht/Beach (forget which one) that you can use QS credits for. Dining credits are not accepted at the Boardwalk kiosks or pizza window.

Last fall, we ate several times at Hurricane Hannah's for lunch, and it was really good! The burgers are now the same ones they serve at Beaches & Cream. The desserts obviously aren't the same - you have a choice of a Mickey ice cream bar or a frozen lemonade. They also have a very good chicken wrap. Hurricane Hannah's is a great option when you're spending a day (or part of a day!) out by the awesome pool!

Beach Club Marketplace has decent sandwiches, good "make your own" salads, and good desserts. They used to have amazing homemade gelato that you could get as dessert or as a snack option, but I've read here that they no longer offer that - only prepackaged in the freezer area. That's a real bummer.

I ate a couple of times at the Boardwalk Bakery when my sister & I went in March. I found it to be crowded all the time! The bakery is VERY small and the line was almost always out the door. The food was good, but not amazing.

If you want a great lunch and have park hopper tickets, I would go over to the bakery in France. It's not a far walk from the BC/YC, and the food is delicious!

My boys and I walked from the BC to the QS in Mexico just about every day for lunch. The food's not fantastic, but the view sure is!

Why didn't I think about the bakery in France??? Arrgh! What a great idea!

Last fall, we ate several times at Hurricane Hannah's for lunch, and it was really good! The burgers are now the same ones they serve at Beaches & Cream. The desserts obviously aren't the same - you have a choice of a Mickey ice cream bar or a frozen lemonade. They also have a very good chicken wrap. Hurricane Hannah's is a great option when you're spending a day (or part of a day!) out by the awesome pool!

Beach Club Marketplace has decent sandwiches, good "make your own" salads, and good desserts. They used to have amazing homemade gelato that you could get as dessert or as a snack option, but I've read here that they no longer offer that - only prepackaged in the freezer area. That's a real bummer.

I ate a couple of times at the Boardwalk Bakery when my sister & I went in March. I found it to be crowded all the time! The bakery is VERY small and the line was almost always out the door. The food was good, but not amazing.

If you want a great lunch and have park hopper tickets, I would go over to the bakery in France. It's not a far walk from the BC/YC, and the food is delicious!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful inormation!!

It has been a few trips since we stayed at BC and things are always changing at Disney!!

We will have PH, but a few in our party aren't even getting park tickets! :scared1: I know, crazy!! But they just want to be with the family to celebrate my birthday and Thanksgiving and enjoy the resort. I wanted to make sure I had all the info needed for them so they knew where to eat for the day before we headed out the door for rope drop every morning! :goodvibes

As for that bakery in France, we know it well ... along with the grown-up slushie stand near by!! ;)

Thanks again!

I've stayed in the Epcot area twice (once at BC and once at Dolphin) and both times I was very disappointed in the QS. While you can find some, the majority seemed to be sandwiches. What I found is that I would go to Epcot to UK, France, and Morocco to grab food (thank goodness for parkhoppers!)
Just my opinion though on the QS at the Epcot hotels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter