Yavn Speaks! MAGIC CARPET IS COMING OUT!

WWEDUDE

<br><font color=green>I am in a head cast</font><b
Ahoy, lads and lassies – hoist an anchor and get ready to set sail! Tis another edition of Yavn Speaks, this time with extra arrgh!

Aye, ye scallywags, it's me again. So you've come looking adventure and salty old pirates, eh? Well you have definitely come to the right place. We've got adventure and seadogs a plenty this month.

Let's a take a look at what's going on:

The Pirates Have Landed!

In case you hadn't guessed our theme this month is Pirates and what better way to celebrate being a pirate than introduce you to a game that truly lets you live the life of a pirate!

No, I'm not talking about VMK, I'm talking about Pirates of the Caribbean Online! We're partnering with our pals at POTCO for a whole month of Pirates fun!

Live the Legend! Check out Pirates of the Caribbean Online!

Just one part of the many treasures VMK will be giving away this month, you'll get a chance to win a special 14-day Unlimited Access Membership to Pirates of the Caribbean Online! But don't wait to win because you can check out part of the game for free now!

We're really excited to offer you this opportunity because Pirates of the Caribbean Online is such a cool game. Maybe you've gotten a chance to already check it out? If not (and even if have) head on over to Pirates of the Caribbean Online and Live the Legend!

Pirates Plunder & Other Surprises

In addition to those 14-day Unlimited Access Memberships to Pirates of the Caribbean Online we'll also be plunderin' VMK's stockroom's for other pirate treasure. Like Turn Into Shark Magic which we just released (you may think this magic is a better in a Nemo month, but ask any pirate what he hates most – beside the East Indian Trading Company – and I'll bet he'll tell you sharks) and Ariel's Treasure Chest. These treasures from the sea are all just part of our celebration of Pirates!

Arrgh! Somebody scratch the barnacles off me port side!

Did somebody ask for another chance at Coral Magic? Well it's back, and hidden somewhere in the Kingdom. Now if you ride a dark ride or two you'll be a step closer to finding it – but you'll have to do your homework to find out exactly how you can claim that treasure.

Speaking of claiming treasure, we've got a bounty of treasure that you'll have a chance to get your hands on this month – including a magic carpet you've been asking about forever. We'll have more details on just how you can lay your hook on it later in the month though.

What pirate wouldn't mind a few extra VMK credits? Well, Captain Blackheart might know something about where to find some 'em, and those treasure chest might be hiding something interesting too.

But we've got lots of other treasures hidden in the Kingdom (like double rewards for those Pirates mini-games), you just got to get in the game, talk to our NPC's for hints and like any good pirate, do some treasure hunting.

Jolly Roger Flag's, Ride-A-Thon's And Gallery Getaways

About that Jolly Roger Flag, so the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-A-Thon threw a slight wrench in the works that kept us from properly getting those Jolly Roger Flag Posters to all the players that logged in on 3-1-08. No worries though, we're fixing the problem and are planning a day to make it up to you. We'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, keep watching the Event Info section for news about that.

Arrgh! How about that Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-A-Thon to kick off our Pirates of the Caribbean Online month? We've got another POTC Ride-A-Thon coming up, so be sure to check out the Event Info section for details.

More cool events that are on the way are the Pirate & Princess Parties! (That's right, I said Parties!) This event will correspond with the actual in-Park events so if you can't get to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, be sure to join us in VMK for this very awesome celebration.

Speaking of cool events many of you had a chance to take part in the recent VMK Gallery event "Making the Magic" and meet some of the guys behind VMK. If you didn't get a chance to meet the makers and see the stuff that was previewed, we're sorry but don't worry – we'll have another chance for you to do so.

We had considered previewing the stuff in the Newsletter page but we thought it would be much cooler to show you the stuff in-game as well as give you a chance to interact with VMK staff directly. Again, we're working on making future Gallery events larger so more people can be a part of the fun.

Setting Sail!

Arrgh! That about wraps it up for now. Like I said, be sure to keep checking the Newsletter for event date and times. I also hear my second mate, the Yeti, will be back with new info, while our pal Shrunken Ned will keep you up on new item releases and that Event Info section will keep you up on what's happening in the Kingdom.

Finally, don't forget to get suited up in your best pirate attire when you enter the Kingdom – you wouldn't want to have to walk the plank, would ya?

Arrgh! See you in the game!
Yavn

OMG! I know of quite a few people who will be jumping for joy to see that really happen. :goodvibes

This even is such a cool idea, especially since it coincides with the actual event that is taking place at the park at the same time. I really like the idea of the special pin coming out just for the party, and it is only available during party times! I don't know about your guys, but to me this opens up all other ideas like a VMK's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or VMK's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! :banana: I am so happy right now woot!

YAY for new magic!!! :wizard:

I'm running out of room on my lanyard to display all this new magic. :teeth:

I won't believe it until I see it. Even then, I still probably won't believe it. :rotfl:

I am willing to bet serious money that VMK will charge an extremely unfair price for the Flying Carpet pin (if it does come out, that is) because they know how much we want it. And you know what? That should not be condoned. Those of us that have been "Waiting from Day 1" (;) ) should just get a free one star magic for logging in the day it's released. If we had to wait for over two years and find out that the magic costs 10,000 credits or over, we should write in to VMK.
Remember that VMK is a business, meaning that the staff has to be able to "bend" to fit our demands. We are not their slaves: on the contrary, it's almost as if they are our slaves. Once people become fed up with the unreasonable mechanics of the game and start leaving, VMK closes down and the staff members are out of a job.

Boy, am I evil! :stir:

I won't believe it until I see it. Even then, I still probably won't believe it. :rotfl:

I am willing to bet serious money that VMK will charge an extremely unfair price for the Flying Carpet pin (if it does come out, that is) because they know how much we want it. And you know what? That should not be condoned. Those of us that have been "Waiting from Day 1" (;) ) should just get a free one star magic for logging in the day it's released. If we had to wait for over two years and find out that the magic costs 10,000 credits or over, we should write in to VMK.
Remember that VMK is a business, meaning that the staff has to be able to "bend" to fit our demands. We are not their slaves: on the contrary, it's almost as if they are our slaves. Once people become fed up with the unreasonable mechanics of the game and start leaving, VMK closes down and the staff members are out of a job.

LOL I wish we would get them for free. With my credit hoard of 600 credits, that might be the only way I would get one!

There's no way I will believe it until I see it in the stores.

Time to make some more credits!

Indeed...

And I agree with Cardinal above: I'll believe Yavn when I see the Magic in stores (but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to become the new "Inferno").

hmm who's thinking it might be a super hard quest or something? or a hard game? or ??? i don't think it's going to be easy to get it.

I've been playing Pirates Online for a while now. It's nice to see my favorite two games are partnering up for a month. :)

....I still don't believe yavn about the flying carpet magic. He said almost the same thing back in Everest Month on the newsletter (except it had to do something with Yeti Vision). I've trusted his word before, but I just can't do it anymore until I actually see it with my own eyes.

How does flying carpet magic even tie in with Pirates anyways?:confused:

I've been playing Pirates Online for a while now. It's nice to see my favorite two games are partnering up for a month. :)

....I still don't believe yavn about the flying carpet magic. He said almost the same thing back in Everest Month on the newsletter (except it had to do something with Yeti Vision). I've trusted his word before, but I just can't do it anymore until I actually see it with my own eyes.

How does flying carpet magic even tie in with Pirates anyways?:confused:

Flying carpet ties in with pan, that's why.

hmm who's thinking it might be a super hard quest or something? or a hard game? or ??? i don't think it's going to be easy to get it.

Oh my god! That would be AMAZING! A super hard QUEST! Just as long as they don't include Fireworks, I'll be great! :rotfl2:

Anyone remember the In-Game Pirate Hat Quest? Remember how hard that was? Perhaps it should be something like that...

(you may think this magic is a better in a Nemo month, but ask any pirate what he hates most – beside the East Indian Trading Company – and I'll bet he'll tell you sharks)

Okay aengus.... I had to point this out to you. Since we were talking about how "Turn into Bruce" magic didn't go with the Pirates Theme. Here is my proof, Yavn knows. :thumbsup2

Okay aengus.... I had to point this out to you. Since we were talking about how "Turn into Bruce" magic didn't go with the Pirates Theme. So here is my proof, Yavn knows. :thumbsup2

All that proves is that Yavn is my arch nemesis! He is fighting back against my propaganda :rotfl:

Who says it will be for sale-could be a prize for movie rewards, a hard quest, a new random host prize, a very random treasure dect. prize-so many possibilities...

I completely agree. I do not think it will be as simple as buying it in a store.....time will tell...

Bug

Who says it will be for sale-could be a prize for movie rewards, a hard quest, a new random host prize, a very random treasure dect. prize-so many possibilities...

Bug

Regardless, making it that elusive is a bit of a slap in the face after having to wait over 2 years for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!