Yamabuki Restaurant Closing

:(

I always wanted to eat there too. So sad for those employees. I hope they find other places for them in the resort.

That's really sad about the employees :/ I know they announced a while ago they were laying off a lot of people, so I hope they're able to shift these ones around.

Eh, it wasn't that good. :confused3 We ate there a few times--and the service was so slllllow. It was the kind of restaurant where you had to ask for water 3 times, and then practically had to get on your knees and beg for the check so you could leave. Ever been to one of those? The last time we went we had reservations for 5:30, and despite an almost empty diningroom, we were not seated for 45 minutes. The kids were so bored! And when we were seated, it took forever to get menus, get our food, etc.

So the service was not exactly the best, and the food was mediocre for Japanese food.

i happed to love this place and went there every trip. In my opinion the food was very good ( the stuffed lobster my DH had yummy! sorry no pics of it in the food thread he ate too much before i could get one) i'm just sad sad sad!!! glad i got to celebrate by bday there this past March 12th.
I will say I don't think most people knew where it was or what it was. Maybe some felt it was too upscale for kids but it really wasn't. :sad1::sad1::sad1::
my 5 year old loved it as did the twins 13....first time any of us ever had edamame(sp).

thats sad we were thinking of looking in to it. not sure we could eat there or not because im picky eatter

Aww...this makes me sad. I had never been, but was planning on going at some point this year on one of our trips. I wonder what will replace it, if anything? And when? Do they really have the money for more renovation after all the other construction going on everywhere else? Hmm...so many questions...

Man, that's a bummer. I've always wanted to try that place but I guess now I never will. Hopefully they'll replace it with another TS restaurant and won't just let it sit there empty for years and years.

Noooooooo!!! DF and I were planning on going back there in May! Now we'll miss out... :sad2: Anyone know of any other Japenese places close by?

I wonder what they'll replace it with?

Maybe a trendier sushi spot? We got take out sushi when we were there in 2005... I remember us liking it.

Thanks for posting. I happen to be going to Disneyland today and will try to make it over there for dinner tonight.

Oh bummer!!! I too wanted to try it! I knew I should have taken DBF when we were there for his bday trip in Jan. :(

Aww this makes me sad. I love sushi and this was on my list of places to eat in August.

Sad news! We ate there on our last 2 vacations. Now I have to add another resturant for our dinner at DLR on our vacation.

Reservations are a must for this restaurant.

Closed on Monday and Tuesday each week.
Last day it is open is April 11, 2009.
Hours are only at 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm

There are only about 10 more days to eat at Yamabuki. I have an 8 pm reservation on the 3rd of April.

Sayanora Yamabuki

Yes I am risking major soy reactions to eat there but I so want to try the California Rolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter