Yahoo, JetBlue!!

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Booked a last minute flight on JetBlue just two days ago. Paid $79 one way to MCO; then had to bump up to the $114 fare back to Boston. Total for five of us was $1051 w/fees and taxes. I thought this was pretty good seeing as it is a school vacation week.

BUT.....I was playing around today on the JetBlue site and noticed the fares for our exact itinerary had dropped to $79 each way! Called JetBlue right away and although they couldn't refund the difference to my credit card, they deposited $175 credit into my TrueBlue account which I can apply to a future flight! Will come in handy for our November anniversary trip!

So, total airfare cost for the 5 of us now is only $876 RT, Non-stop!! So far, I am loving JetBlue!!!!! Now if we can only get a plane with the TVs on board...my kids will be loving that!

(I know....lots of exclamation points, but I am soooo excited!)

Sammy

I've been waiting for jetBlue to go lower than the $144 that's been up sof a while now. I really wanted to fly them this time, but I broke down and booked with Song instead. Now I'm afraid to go check jetblue again in case the 114 finally went down too late for me!

I could be mistaken but it was my understanding that all JetBlue planes have TV's at each seat. Their entire fleet is new and all the same. One of the reasons my DH wants to fly them for our October trip. I am holding off buying until they release some $69.00 fares out of Boston. Last night on Chronicle (local Boston TV show....not sure where you are from) they featured them on a trip to Orlando.....they look very nice and think how fast the time will pass watching TV as you fly!!!

Originally posted by minster22
I could be mistaken but it was my understanding that all JetBlue planes have TV's at each seat. Their entire fleet is new and all the same......

I thought the same thing....but I read somewhere here on the boards that some people who have flown JetBlue recently were on planes with no TV's. I really hope we have them, because our flight leaves late (7:40 pm), and the kids will be wound up very tight by then...especially my DD-8 who can't sit still for 5 minutes on a good day~!!

Aisling: I've been there, done that! Booked one airline, then found a better price on another. Made me nauseous so I had to make myself not even look at other airlines!

Sammy

Sammy,
When are you going? That airfare sounds great. I have been trying to get a low airfare for Easter week and haven't found anything, even on Jetblue's website. Flying out of NY is up to over 400 pp and there are 4 of us. I had just about given up and decided our Disney Cruise in July would be enough of a vacation but this winter has been awful and I want to get away in April. I am a teacher so can only travel during school vacations along with half the world! ANy advice?

Hi Muntzfab4, try Song. I got AA one way during spring break to MCO for $77.00 back in January. I've been checking and checking and checking and at this point I know I'm not going to see $77.00 to LGA/JFK again. So, I tried Song and they have a rate of $142.00 each way, for roundtrip would be $284.00 for spring break. At this point thats not such a bad rate. Keep checking!

Good luck!

Thanks going to WDW again!
Did you go to the song website or did you get that fare someplace else?

Waiting patiently (not) for JetBlue to open up their flights for Thanksgiving. I've flown Song and love it. I compared the fares with both Song and JetBlue for my trip this summer and JetBlue was a few dollars more than Song. I'm hoping that if I hold off, I can do better on fares for 11/23 than $225 with Song. That's not too bad, but maybe I can do better. The suspense is killing me.

Originally posted by muntzfab4
Sammy,
When are you going? That airfare sounds great. I have been trying to get a low airfare for Easter week and haven't found anything, even on Jetblue's website. Flying out of NY is up to over 400 pp and there are 4 of us. I had just about given up and decided our Disney Cruise in July would be enough of a vacation but this winter has been awful and I want to get away in April. I am a teacher so can only travel during school vacations along with half the world! ANy advice?

Muntzfab4:

We are traveling Feb 26 through March 2.

The only advice I can give you is to check, check, and re-check the sites. I have no loyalty to any particular airline....I'll go with whomever has the best fares. I'll admit that I am obsessive when it comes to trying to find good fares and sometimes will check twice a day when serious about traveling.

Initially, I wasn't sure if we were going to take this mini-vacation over February vacation or April vacation. But, there has been absolutely nothing available (without breaking the bank) over April vacation so far. I guess I just got lucky with the JetBlue fare for February. It also helped that I was very flexible about what days we could travel and how long we could stay (up to a certain point).

Originally, I was even looking at flying JetBlue one way, then Song on the return flight because that was the only way I could get cheap fares both ways. Unlike SWA, it seems both of these airlines charge the same whether you are flying one-way or round-trip.

In addition to checking each airlines' individual websites (Southwest, Song, Delta, JetBlue), I also check Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and CheapTickets.com. I don't use Priceline or Hotwire because I am particular about flying certain times of day and need to be assured of a non-stop flight.

Good luck with your search....I know just how frustrating it can be!

Sammy

Originally posted by Sammy
I thought the same thing....but I read somewhere here on the boards that some people who have flown JetBlue recently were on planes with no TV's. I really hope we have them, because our flight leaves late (7:40 pm), and the kids will be wound up very tight by then...especially my DD-8 who can't sit still for 5 minutes on a good day~!!

I've flown Jet Blue several times and all of the planes do have Direct TV. It's a really nice way to pass the time :)

Thanks Sammy!
I am the same way - I become obsessive about finding the best deal and spend hours looking. At this point I think April break is out for us, but I will continue to search for the best airfare for July when we take our first cruise ever on the Magic!
You and everyone on these boards have been so helpful.
Thanks again!

Originally posted by goofy4tink
Waiting patiently (not) for JetBlue to open up their flights for Thanksgiving. I've flown Song and love it. I compared the fares with both Song and JetBlue for my trip this summer and JetBlue was a few dollars more than Song. I'm hoping that if I hold off, I can do better on fares for 11/23 than $225 with Song. That's not too bad, but maybe I can do better. The suspense is killing me.

I'm in the same boat as you we are going down on 11/23, I got a fare of $142 one way out of Newark which I booked because everyone in my family has a $75 credit from last year (so we only had to pay $67 each) but we didn't book our return trip yet because SONG's price is over $300 for the sunday after Thanksgiving, I am hoping I can get a better price on Jet Blue, if they ever decide to release their November fares. Anyone have any ideas as to when they will do that?

Aarrgghhhh....Song just increased my desired flights by $22. Now it would be $245. Come on JetBlue. I'm not returning until Tuesday the 30th, but fares are still up there...$122 each way.

I just book Jetblue, flying outta NYC on Mamorial Day (may 31st) for $79 per person each way.... When I was first checking it out a few weeks ago, they were much higher.... so i would say keep checking:D

I thought the same thing....but I read somewhere here on the boards that some people who have flown JetBlue recently were on planes with no TV's.

I remember reading the same thing... but it wasn't Jetblue... it was another Airline that bought Used planes and were slowly upgradeing them..... Since Jetblue has brand new places, they install them before starting to fly them.

Originally posted by jimmybop
I remember reading the same thing... but it wasn't Jetblue... it was another Airline that bought Used planes and were slowly upgradeing them..... Since Jetblue has brand new places, they install them before starting to fly them.

That's terrific! Thanks for the clarifcation. My kids will be thrilled!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter