Yachtsman Steakhouse

We ate there on July 5th. The food was very good. We were in a large group 6 adults and 7 kids. They made a special effort to keep the kids occupied and happy. There is an excellent 'puzzle dessert' that was a hit with the little ones.
I had filet mignon and it was flavorful. Not the absolute best I've had, but excellent nonetheless. Everyone was more than happy with their meal. Desserts impressed all that ordered them (I didn't). The meal presentation is impressive. Prices are steep, similar to those at Morton's or Ruth Chris. Our waiter was very friendly, though he dissapeared mid meal and reappeared at the end. There was another waiter who popped in and helped out so we weren't completely abandoned.
Decor was very nice. It was quite noisy, but that was better for us... this way we didn't have to feel obliged to keep the kids quiet. You couldn't hear them over any of the other noise.
All in all, a very nice meal.

Originally posted by tnkrbell
Tell me all your experiences!! Thanks!! :D

We have dinner here once per trip since 1998. We are big steak eaters and this place it great. We will be back at the Yachtsman in just a few short days. We will be having dinner on Wednesday the 14th our 9th Wedding Ann:D

I will post reviews of where we eat when I get back.

Thanks for the replies so far and Tiffany please remeber to let me know how it goes this trip ok?? :D And have a great time!!

We ate there dec 2000, the adults had the lobster tail and the kids had the chicken nuggets, and it was wonderful! Our waiter was great, his name was Chris. I would definitely eat there again!

Thanks for the replies so far and Tiffany please remeber to let me know how it goes this trip ok?? :D And have a great time!!

Hi tnkrbell. I will be posting about our dinning experiances when we return.

For us, YSH's time has come and gone. Our last trip there DW's Filet had to be sent back twice. The service was poor and this was surprising since the place was pretty much empty.

It seemed the quality has declined over the years.

Shula's and Le Celiier and the Brown Derby have better steak, imo.

The Yachtsman's Steak House is one of our favorite places to eat. In fact, with our last visit, we ate there twice. Service has always been exceptional. No complaints here. My DD really likes the puzzle dessert too.

We also enjoyed our Yachtman's experience. It may not be the only place in WDW to get a great steak, but it is definitely one of them. I had the tomato/mozzarella salad served with my steak which I thought was very good. The service we received was excellent. We're going back in 4 short weeks -- yippee!

Goofysprincess, I saw the tomato and mozzerella on the menu and it sure looks good!! Do you get the oil and vinigar on the side or is it already on the tomatos and cheese??

I was completely unimpressed with the place. The service was spotty and the beef was unimpressive. The prices are in line with Ruth's, Smith & Wollensky and the like, but the service, food and atmosphere was not. The staff was not knowledgeable about the wine list at all. Our server was nowhere to be found for quite awhile (empty water glasses really tick me off).

For your money, go to Le Cellier. The beef is not aged USDA Prime, but the service and preparation of the food seem to be much better.

The filet at California Grill is not too shabby either.

I was disappointed by YS. My filet was burnt on the outside as was DH's. The restaurant was nearly empty and it was a pain to walk to. I LOVED my filet at Le Cellier and my prime rib at Cindy's, but this was not so good.

Hnmmm??!! Maybe I should reconsider eating there! I would be getting a filet and so would hubby.
Any other opinions or experiences??

Hnmmm??!! Maybe I should reconsider eating there! I would be getting a filet and so would hubby.
Any other opinions or experiences??

I'll state my opinion again. Having eaten at most of the above, Shula's by far has the best Filet.

You will get many different opinions about all the WDW restaurants. What appeals to some does not to others. I love steak and have eaten at all the WDW restaurants that serve a excellent steak and the order of my favorites are from favorite to least favorite:
Flying Fish--seared NY strip steak is wonderful
Jiko
Brown Derby
California Grill
Concourse Steakhouse
Yachtsmans Steakhouse
Le Cellier
I have enjoyed steaks at all these restaurants and I really love them all but if I had to rank them this would be the order. Just my 2 cents and dining experiences.

Our experience at YSH was excellent. The food was very good, and the service was also very good. Our kids very much enjoyed the children's selections - including the puzzle dessert.

I'm sorry to see that some people didn't enjoy themselves, but we had an excellent time and would eat there again with no reservations.

I know that MANY people love YS .. but my experiences there haven't been good. I thought the food (had filet) was mediocre at best and the service? Not good at all. It was inattentive, forgetful and even rude at times.

Mitch,
We definitely would not have a problem picking a WDW restaurant between the 2 of us, since we do seem to agree on almost every WDW restaurant! Who knows, you might even get me to give Shulas another try! LOL:) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter