Yachtsman Steakhouse or Narcoossee's????

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Ever since I heard Kevin's reviews of Yachtsman and Narcoossee's I have been dying to try them. For our next trip though, we can only do one and I CANNOT decide. I've re-listened to the reviews and both sound so wonderful, I don't know what to do! It will be my sister and I. She loves seafood, but I do not, I love a good steak, but then the view at Narcoossee's sounds beautiful, but so does the atmosphere at the Yachtsman. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I just flip a coin? Help.

I am not going to be much help either because we are doing the Disney Deluxe plan in October for our Disneymoon and based on Kevin's reviews of these two places we are doing both!:cool1:

I am sorry I am no help but I just wanted to let Kevin know that his reviews really come in handy and we actually do make reservations based on his praise!:blush:

I am not going to be much help either because we are doing the Disney Deluxe plan in October for our Disneymoon and based on Kevin's reviews of these two places we are doing both!:cool1:

I am sorry I am no help but I just wanted to let Kevin know that his reviews really come in handy and we actually do make reservations based on his praise!:blush:

Oh! You are going to both! LUCKY!

We thought about that actually, but we aren't taking the kids, so two nights of that would be too much...plus we just won't have the time with everything else I have planned.

Don't tell Kevin but we are also having dinner at O'Hana's! :tiptoe:
Although, maybe not, once I tell my sister they don't have the potatoes anymore. She does love getting that meat on a stick dropped on her plate though. :teeth:

We've done both and would pick YSH. Not that you'll be disappointed in either one. We just love the whole dining experience at YSH. In fact, we did this last night. We've got a favorite server there, Oscar, who always takes good care of us.

I think both are very, very good.

YSH is in a very nice location but Narcoosee's is spectacular.

From the balcony, you can see the Grand Floridian, the Poly, the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom. There are very few places you can take photos like that.

I took a bunnch of photos and one turned out so well that John uses it as desktop.

YSH is has a fine steak house / nautical feel. Narcoosee's is beachier.

I dont think you will go wrong with either decision.

Ssshhh....dont tell Kevin. :lmao:

I was so undecided too about which restaurant to go to this October, Kevin's reviews were both so inviting. I just said the heck with it and booked both of them.
Of course that means I have to come back again even sooner in order to get to the Brown Derby next time - :yay:
There is a method to my madness - poor DH - ;)

We've done both and would pick YSH. Not that you'll be disappointed in either one. We just love the whole dining experience at YSH. In fact, we did this last night. We've got a favorite server there, Oscar, who always takes good care of us.

Hey Jeff! :wave2: I'm a fellow OKW lover we'll be stopping by there in October! :woohoo: can't wait to get my key lime tart fix from Olivia's!

Thanks for the input! Upon reading about the spectacular view we are going to go with Narcoosee's. I love a good steak, but talk of such a great photo op is too hard to resist.

I have dreamed about going to the Yachtsman and it is on my list for my next trip. I like seafood but I LOVE steak, so Yachtsman is on the list. I am going solo so I am going to do a couple other signature dining spots. Portobello Yacht Club (I see a yachting theme here) and Artist's Point. I have been to Artist's Point before and I want to see Wilderness Lodge with the Christmas Decor.

Kim

What week was Kevin's YSH review? My ds requested a fancy dinner for his 13th and loves steak so I've been thinking of taking him there.

I would choose Narcoossee's just because of the Almond Crusted Cheesecake! :lovestruc It' better than you know what! ;)

I liked the Yachtmans Steakhouse better. It was more intimate. I thought the waitstaff was more professional. But both restaurants are great and you'll get a fantastic meal whichever you decide. Disney...decisions decisions...enjoy!:confused3

Given that you mentioned not liking seafood, I think the YSH would be your better bet. On the flipside, are you lucky enough to have a sister that likes steak?

From my memories, Narcoossee's is more seafood based, with a little meat, while YSH is more meat based, with a little seafood.

Sorry to not be any real help :)

-ExBellhop

What week was Kevin's YSH review? My ds requested a fancy dinner for his 13th and loves steak so I've been thinking of taking him there.

Kevin's Yachtsman review was on the 9/25/07 show.

If you go to the Stickies up top on the board, you will see one that is for
an Unplugged Show index. It lists all Kevin's dining reviews, what show and restaurant. It's a very handy guide!

I would chose Yachtmans Steakhouse. As soon as you walkin to YSH there a room were you can see all the cuts of meat.

Kevin's Yachtsman review was on the 9/25/07 show.

If you go to the Stickies up top on the board, you will see one that is for
an Unplugged Show index. It lists all Kevin's dining reviews, what show and restaurant. It's a very handy guide!

Thanks! I guess I'd better pay closer attention to the stickies:)

I think both are very, very good.

YSH is in a very nice location but Narcoosee's is spectacular.

From the balcony, you can see the Grand Floridian, the Poly, the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom. There are very few places you can take photos like that.

I took a bunnch of photos and one turned out so well that John uses it as desktop.

YSH is has a fine steak house / nautical feel. Narcoosee's is beachier.

I dont think you will go wrong with either decision.

Ssshhh....dont tell Kevin. :lmao:

:scared1: John doesn't have one of Will's Desktops?! Shhhh don't tell Will! :3dglasses

I'm no help, but I'm glad to see that we're not the only ones doing the DDDP thing with both YSH and Narcoosee's, although we're going in Nov/Dec, not Oct. Need more Kevin reviews for guidance...guess it's back to the archives...

I plan on doing both this December. :goodvibes I'm like the OP, couldn't decide which one sounded better. For Signature Restaurants I have done Jiko's and California Grill. And now for something totally different (Monty Python homage) . . .

We ate at Narcoossee's this past December and it was probably the best meal I've ever had on WDW property (and I've been lucky enough to have had a lot of 'em :goodvibes ). We originally picked the restaurant because the friends we were vacationing with found out I'd never tried lobster - not for any particular reason, just came from a family that doesn't 'do' seafood, and married a guy who doesn't like lobster. Anyway they were positively scandalized by this so I looked up places with lobster at WDW. :rotfl:

I ended up ordering the surf and turf, because I was a little skeptical about whether or not I'd like lobster. I have to say, it was very good but the filet mignon with it was to die for. When we go back, and we will, I'll be ordering the filet.

I would choose Narcoossee's just because of the Almond Crusted Cheesecake! :lovestruc It' better than you know what! ;)

My husband had that. Or he tried to... after he gave me a taste of it, I'm not sure how much more he got. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter