Yachtsman Steak house or Captians Grille?

We've never eaten at Captains Grille, but we loved Yachtsman Steakhouse. The filet we had was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. We loved the quiet atmosphere and we had a great table as we were seated close to a window where we had a beautiful view of SAB at night, which made a great dinner setting :goodvibes.

Captains Grille is a decent casual place with good food. Yachtsman Steakhouse is a signature place with incredible food and service but a high price tag. What are you looking for?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

If you have a choice I would stay away from Captains Grill. Really nothing special. I have eaten there several times food average and service below average.

Yachtsman is very good. Great food and service.

They are very different in terms of level of food and service and it's like comparing apples to oranges.That said I would pick Yachtsmen hands down.

There is a reason that Yachtsman is signature dining & the other is not......Yachtsman is much better. No contest.

I actually don't consider them an either this or that. They are two totally different places with entirely different menus.

If you are looking for a wonderful steak then YSH.

The only thing they have in common are location. IMHO!

We do like the pre fixe option at CG. Food was good - service was so slow it was insane!

We just ate there Friday night - I kept blaming DH and asking him why he had to order chowder....it takes a long time to make. Seriously two hour dinner.

I actually don't consider them an either this or that. They are two totally different places with entirely different menus.

If you are looking for a wonderful steak then YSH.

The only thing they have in common are location. IMHO!

We do like the pre fixe option at CG. Food was good - service was so slow it was insane!

We just ate there Friday night - I kept blaming DH and asking him why he had to order chowder....it takes a long time to make. Seriously two hour dinner.

yikes!

If you want a steakhouse, Shulas in the Swan/Dolphin is great. It's not a Disney restaurant but its one of the top steakhouses in the US

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We haven't been to Yachtsman yet, but we have always enjoyed Captain's Grille for dinner. We've only had good food and service, although I agree that it's a bit slow there. It's more of a leisurely casual dinner. Prices are good, though.

I was at WDW a couple of weeks ago and had the Deluxe Dining Plan. We LOVED Yachtsman Steakhouse. The service and food were our favorite of the trip.

We did have an unplanned breakfast at Captain's Grill and also enjoyed that. It was nice to have a casual but very tasty breakfast buffet at the end of our trip.

Yachtsman is awesome. Captain's Grille is fine. We walked in without reservations to a dining room that was 90% empty. Food was decent, but certainly not something I'd plan ahead for. Not with all the choices at Disney.

we just went to the yachtsmen & it was my favorite steak out of all of the ones we had :) get the truffle mac & chz!!!!

Our one experience with YS was just "so-so". On the other hand, we recently had dinner at Capt.'s Grill & had a great dinner. I second the statement about Shulas. It's in a league of its own!:thumbsup2

Yachtsman Steakhouse...hands down. The service is great and the food far exceeds the horrible steaks we were served at CG.

we just went to the yachtsmen & it was my favorite steak out of all of the ones we had :) get the truffle mac & chz!!!!

Oh man, I love the truffle mac & cheese!! Just the whole atmosphere of Yachtsman is nice, to me it even beats LeCellier hand's down, I can't stand the small cramped tables and noise at LeCellier.

The Yachtsman also holds a special place in my heart because we went there the first time on our honeymoon and they made a special menu with our names on it (I was friends with the chef's wife, and she made sure we were treated extra special!) ...and it was the first time I was introduced to Magicale (now Rosa Regale), which remains my favorite wine. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter