Yachtsman - horrible experience!

N

nw6675

Prefacing to say that we have always had great experiences in the past. Tonight was awful in almost every way. Seated 45 minutes after our ADR time for a party of 3. Must have been a staffing issue because plenty of tables. Took 15 minutes to have our drink order taken. The appetizers and bread came quickly after that and were good. An hour later our steaks and pork chop came. Both medium steaks were RARE...blood and all. Pork chop so tough it almost could not be cut. My husband ate his steak, but I sent mine back. Came out just as rare the second time! By this time it had been hours there so I said I did not want it and they removed it. We still tipped on full amount since the food part was not his fault.

It was awful. Sad when Beaches and Cream was 100% better in every way. After a lackluster CRT and horrible experience tonight, we have cancelled our signature ADRs and will play it by ear for the next few days.

We have been lots of times, including in the height of covid and the dining has been the pits this time. :(

That's really too bad as Yachtsman has long been a fave of ours and reliably good pre-covid.

They did screw up part of our order when we ate there in November. DH ordered creamed spinach, but our server brought plain spinach to me because I'm dairy-free. DH got his spinach eventually but courses were slow to arrive.

Our steaks were fine, as perfectly cooked as ever.

I think staffing is still chaotic many places.

It's too expensive of a restaurant for the latest lackluster reviews. Yes, I'm sure staffing is a problem but the management teams need to manage the amount of diners so that those that are seated receive the best of service and food. We were there prior to Covid and frankly, it wasn't all that it's been hyped up to be.

That's amazing that they did that badly. In the past, it was expensive, but reliable. Wonder if they lost a lot of staff while they were closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter