• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman and kids

PrincessesX3

Mouseketeer
We want to try Yachtsman in August. My DDs will be 6, 6, and 3. They are well behaved in restaurants, majority of the time. A babysitter is out of the question. I want to celebrate DHs birthday there. Can I bring IPads and coloring books for entertainment? OR is this a big mistake? TIA

Well behaved children are welcome in YSH. Just be aware that meals are paced such that you will probably be there 90-120 minutes. It may help if you book an early (5:30 or so) reservation.

Also make sure you keep the sound down on the Ipads. If it helps the kids behave and prevents them from yelling or running around I'm all for it.

Except for Victoria and Albert's, I feel like all WDW restaurants welcome children. We ate at Narcoossee's in October w/ our daughters' families and two young DGC. My daughter did exactly what you're asking about, and the server said our DGS was the best behaved child she'd ever served. DD also did this w/ DGS at Artist Point and Sanaa. I agree w/ the PP about keeping the sound down, but if the iPad helps everyone enjoy the meal, what's the harm?

I'll just agree with others -- ipads/coloring books are good ideas. I do however don't think you'll be there almost 2 hours...if you want faster service, the waiter/waitress will be happy to oblige (I think we were there for maybe an hour, tops.)

PrincessesX3 said:
We want to try Yachtsman in August. My DDs will be 6, 6, and 3. They are well behaved in restaurants, majority of the time. A babysitter is out of the question. I want to celebrate DHs birthday there. Can I bring IPads and coloring books for entertainment? OR is this a big mistake? TIA

Yes, they'll be fine. Get the Chocolate Mickey puzzle for their desserts

ErinsMommy said:
. I do however don't think you'll be there almost 2 hours...if you want faster service, the waiter/waitress will be happy to oblige (I think we were there for maybe an hour, tops.)

I agree with this. We've eaten at a number of signatures our last 3 trips with our 4 young children and we are often finished in an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter