Yacht or Beach Club for Marathon

disney minnie

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at the Polynesian for Marathon weekend and the transportation to the start/finish was very easy. We haven't ever stayed at the Yacht or Beach Club and would like to try it, but I don't want to have to ride the bus to and from the start and be in all of that traffic. Does anyone have any advice?

We have stayed at the Polynesian for Marathon weekend and the transportation to the start/finish was very easy. We haven't ever stayed at the Yacht or Beach Club and would like to try it, but I don't want to have to ride the bus to and from the start and be in all of that traffic. Does anyone have any advice?

If you stay at the BC or YC for the marathon, you will be taking the bus from the resort to and from the start. You can't go through Epcot before it opens and, since you finish outside Epcot, you need park admission to walk through back to the BC or YC.

We have stayed at B/C for the marathon. No doubt about having to take the bus to the start, and also having to have park admission to go back through EPCOT, but we did and it was sure nice to be able to walk back to our room. Plus such a short walk later to the fantastic restaurants at World Showcase like BIERGARTEN!! Whoo-Whoo!!
Have fun and good luck!

:goodvibes

We'll be at the BC next January for the marathon, I think its a great choice! We were at BLT this year and it wasn't bad either. Last year we were at the GF, also a good location. Any Epcot resort would probably be the easiest, and the monorail resorts a close second. Three years ago we were at Kidani and that was NOT a good place to be.

We'll be at the BC next January for the marathon, I think its a great choice! We were at BLT this year and it wasn't bad either. Last year we were at the GF, also a good location. Any Epcot resort would probably be the easiest, and the monorail resorts a close second. Three years ago we were at Kidani and that was NOT a good place to be.

When the buses leave the Epcot resorts, they still have to go all the way around the block to get to Epcot. Getting out of the Epcot resorts at 4:30-5AM is very hard to do. I'm the family transportation and I drive to the park after the guys have taken the bus. It takes me an hour or more to get from OKW or VWL to the Epcot parking lot at that time of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter