Yacht Club Resort Review

bean bunny

Mouseketeer
Yacht Club CL - Lagoon View
$1,308.95 for three nights

My husband and I wish we could bottle the smell of the Yacht Club and bring it home. As soon as we walk in it is familiar and welcoming. For this visit we were returning to the Yacht Club CL. This was our first stay with a lagoon view and we were really looking forward to it.

At one time we were those people who said a room was simply a place to sleep and shower. We didn’t spend a lot of time at our resort and always opted for the best deal we could find. Over time after many, many visits we now spend a lot of time at our resort and don’t mind paying for a specific view because we know we will spend time in our room enjoying it. We got a rate we were happy with through a room only discount for a total of $ for three nights.

Check In/Room

Our stay at YC kicked off with the security guard who happened to be from our hometown and we had a nice conversation about football and weather. We were greeted at the door by a CL staff member and taken up the fifth floor. The staff member offered us beverages before leaving us at the desk with the cast member checking us in. She was very nice and explained the new RFID payment method available at that time at only Epcot and resorts. The following week it would be rolled out throughout the park. We took care of payment, got our room assignment and eagerly went to check out our room. We were in room 5179 and were stunned as soon as we walked in the door. Through the sheer curtains we got a glimpse of our view. It was fantastic. We were straight across from the lighthouse looking over the lagoon and boardwalk. This room was also only several doors down from the lounge.

The room was clean although my biggest problem as I’ve mentioned before is the bathroom. For a deluxe hotel it just doesn’t measure up. Our room had a rusted shower head and the marble in several places on the floor was stained around the toilet. I’m guessing there was water damage in the past.

CL Offerings
We enjoyed CL offerings on several occasions throughout our trip. Breakfast on one day, snacks every day, and appetizers most evenings. The staff was so nice and always went out of their way to offer assistance and ask how our trip was.

The breakfast was nice - it included hard boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, bagels, and fruit. My favorite part of the CL offerings was the homemade chips and dip. I could eat a giant bowl of these!

The evening options included cheese and crackers, crudite, pbj and rolls, as well as two hot appetizers and one cold. The cheese was quite good as were the crudite. The hot appetizers were pretty basic and varied each evening. They included chicken skewers, pot stickers, etc.

One great option was 24 hour beverages. We enjoyed sodas and water on several evenings after the lounge closed and it was nice to have it so close by.

WI-FI
We found it spotty. Sometimes it worked really well, sometimes we were connected but it didn’t work at all. They have work to do but there’s progress in offering it, which is great!

Pools
SAB seemed to close early while we were there which isn’t surprising considering it was January. We did swim around 10:30 one evening in the quiet pool. The pool was heated and we had it to ourselves. The hot tub had a larger group but we were the only brave swimmers that night.

We never made it to SAB but it really is beautiful to walk by as we are walking around the resort. At night it’s so peaceful and impressive!

Mousekeeping
Our mousekeeper was great and left towel animals everyday. We did tip - I know that’s often a question but we tip at all hotels not just at Disney and not just for towel animals. I also requested additional bath products and they left quite a few for me. I really appreciate that CL asks you at check in what time you’d like your room cleaned. We were always out by 10:00 and when we came back around 1:00 it was always cleaned.

We didn’t utilize turndown because we were usually napping with the do not disturb sign on when they came by in the late afternoon.

Guest Services
CL staff helped me on two separate occasions for requests. One was to place gift cards on my account before check out and the other was to purchase theme park tickets. In both cases I was done in minutes and it was so nice to have this option steps from our room.

Gift Shop
The gift shop at YC is fantastic! We really love this store and shop in it probably everyday. We bought some of the last resort specific items they had (water bottles and a magnet.) Shirts seemed to be on their way out with only a few and not available in all sizes - primarily just larger sizes for men and smaller ones for women. I hope this doesn’t mean they aren’t doing this anymore! The cast members there are always friendly and helpful and each time we visit it’s not crowded. It’s quite different from the BC gift shop (though they have more resort specific shirts!)

Access
Our favorite thing about this resort is the access to so many things - two theme parks and three hotels including the Boardwalk. It’s such a great option to be able to walk to the theme parks and it’s probably the key deluxe perk that keeps us coming back (that and the smell of the YC!)

Any questions - I’m happy to answer. I do have a dining review which includes several YC/BC options. Feel free to check it out here and let me know if you have questions!

awesome!! YC CL is my favorite and we are returning this weekend! Got an awesome AP/FL rate and could not pass it up. I love that they keep the lounge open after 10pm for a drink or snack. BWI CL did not do this and I also loved the mini kiddie section with their own tv. My kids loved it. BWI also did not have this and they did not have a fridge for drinks just a bucket with water (ice melted pretty quickly and you were left with a not so cold but wet can eww)

and you can bring the scent from yc home. I do not know where exactly but if you do a search on here some people have found it.

Glad to hear your thorough review!!! We have 10 nights coming up at YC CL in April and are very much looking forward to it! :goodvibes

One question, I have seen reports where the BC/YC does provide plastic water bottles vs. the big glass ones. What was your experience with this? Thanks!

I'm addicted to those chips too :goodvibes. They had then in the BC CL also.

Kapoof, we ate at Cape May dinner Buffet, Captains Grille, and enjoyed both. Also had a good burger at Hurricane Hanna's.

Thanks so much for your detailed review of your stay! You certainly have had some room view pixie dust (and magic powder) on some of your stays!

I have been starting to link some YC and BC reviews to the front page of the FAQ thread. Would you mind if I put a link to this thread there?

Thanks!

Dee

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to YC. We loved our stay there, enjoyed the CL, and we had a great view of the wedding gazebo directly below us and to our left a wonderful view of Crescent Lake.

The only drawback I had was we were there the week of Superbowl Sunday in Tampa and the Steelers were playing. For this Browns fan it was a real damper to see so many #7 jerseys everywhere. :lmao:

Great review!! Makes me so excited for my trip this weekend!! If you hear where to find the Yacht club smell please post here!!! :) :)

Thanks for the review.....glad you had a great trip :). We are considering YC LV CL for a few nights prior to a cruise in December and it's good to hear great things about it :goodvibes.

Great review! It adds to my excitement at staying at the BC/YC CL later this year!

Thanks for the great trip report! Glad that you had a good time!

If you have done other CLs before, how does the YC compare?

When staying deluxe do you always do CL now because of the convienience?

Thanks again!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Thanks for the great trip report! Glad that you had a good time!

If you have done other CLs before, how does the YC compare?

When staying deluxe do you always do CL now because of the convienience?

Thanks again!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

I have stayed at Poly, Yacht and Beach CL and prefer Yacht. I think because of location. The Poly lounge was very nice but Im not the biggest fan of the hotel itself.

and you can bring the scent from yc home. I do not know where exactly but if you do a search on here some people have found it.

Great review!! Makes me so excited for my trip this weekend!! If you hear where to find the Yacht club smell please post here!!! :) :)

Here's the info I have from the Other Useful Info post on the BC/YC FAQ thread- I think the smell at the YC is the same one the BC has- green clover and aloe. Now that Teena is back from her cruise, I will ask her when she is done at her shift at work today.

The scentair system is pretty expensive from what I understand!

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club? Where can I purchase the bath products used at the Yacht Club?
I've never slept better in my life- can I buy the mattress?

Yes!!!

Want to feel like you are living at the Yacht or Beach Club all year long??? You can purchase the body products provided for use during your stay, you can buy the same type of mattress that encourages restful vacation sleep and you can even purchase the scent system used in the lobbies so that your house can smell like your "Home away from home":

The scent generator may be purchased at www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe

Check out the Disney Resort Collection for bedding and bath products (h2oProducts, Aquatics line)
www.disneyresortcollection.com

According to cindydare you may want to check out Beyond Down Pillows by Carpenter.
One of the few places that carries them is Belk Dept. Stores in the Southeast.

Here are the direct links to the haircare and bath products
Hair Products
Bath and Body Products

Redneck scent solutions- if you can't affort the scentair system, there are reports that certain fragrances at Bath & Body Works are good matches. Unfortunately, some of these lines have been discontinued:

BBW: Rainkissed Leaves, Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside, Cotton Blossom

Please let us know if you have found other good substitutions.

Here's the info I have from the Other Useful Info post on the BC/YC FAQ thread- I think the smell at the YC is the same one the BC has- green clover and aloe. Now that Teena is back from her cruise, I will ask her when she is done at her shift at work today.

The scentair system is pretty expensive from what I understand!

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club? Where can I purchase the bath products used at the Yacht Club?
I've never slept better in my life- can I buy the mattress?

Yes!!!

Want to feel like you are living at the Yacht or Beach Club all year long??? You can purchase the body products provided for use during your stay, you can buy the same type of mattress that encourages restful vacation sleep and you can even purchase the scent system used in the lobbies so that your house can smell like your "Home away from home":

The scent generator may be purchased at www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe

Check out the Disney Resort Collection for bedding and bath products (h2oProducts, Aquatics line)
www.disneyresortcollection.com

According to cindydare you may want to check out Beyond Down Pillows by Carpenter.
One of the few places that carries them is Belk Dept. Stores in the Southeast.

Here are the direct links to the haircare and bath products
Hair Products
Bath and Body Products

Redneck scent solutions- if you can't affort the scentair system, there are reports that certain fragrances at Bath & Body Works are good matches. Unfortunately, some of these lines have been discontinued:

BBW: Rainkissed Leaves, Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside, Cotton Blossom

Please let us know if you have found other good substitutions.
Thank you!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. YC CL has been on my "must-try" list for some time now, and I am determined our next stay will be there. It's helpful to read all the pros and cons so we can be prepared. :thumbsup2

Regarding the YC smell- this is what someone who works at the BC says:

Hope you enjoyed your days back at work!

Is the YC scent the same as the BC scent (green aloe and clover)?

Scent is suppose to be the same but nobody comments on it at the YC like they do at the BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter