Yacht Club construction

beachfan

Mouseketeer
I am planning a split stay in March. - 3 nights at AKL and still undecided on the last three nights. I am thinking about using the last day or two for down time around the resort I choose. It is between the Dolphin/Swan or Yacht Club. I love the Yacht Club but am wondering if it is a good time to be there during the day. For less dollars I can do the Dolphin. Any thoughts from people who had been there recently and how they felt it impacted their stay and time around spent during the day at the resort. thanks in advance! Beachfan

The first time I was booked in a resort with 'minor construction' going on was at the YC. We stuck it out for four days but finally had to move. What a relief when we arrived at the BC! The quiet was so welcome! we decided after that experience - never again! We never knowingly book any resort undergoing any sort of rehab or construction. We simply choose to stay elsewhere. Thankfully there are lots of options to choose from.

I would choose the Swan/Dolphin. Nice rooms newly renovated, lovely grotto pool and often lower rates than the YC, even accounting for the resort fees and either parking or transportation to/from MCO. Just remember to factor everything in when comparing rates.

Good luck choosing!! These are all great resorts!

As a point of clarification: YC is being refurbished, not construction. Maybe minor but a difference to me.
I would still stay there.

Good Luck

YC is my #1 favorite resort on Disney property so no renovations would stop me from staying there. Having said that, I have stayed at Swan/Dolphin when I either couldn't get a room at YC or the price difference made it just silly for me to stay there. The Dolphin is a great resort so you can't go wrong staying there.

We just stayed at the YC during the refurbishment and we didn't notice anything really, so no impact for us. I will say that we got an un-refurbished room and it was really showing a lot of wear, and we weren't impressed at all. I give it a pass though because we were doing a split stay starting in a Kidani newly refurbished one bedroom, and my husband broke his foot on the trip, so we were pretty stressed by the time we got to the YC, and he couldn't even enjoy SAB :sad2:.

If your intention is to stay at a resort with no construction/refurbishment activity, my understanding is that the Dolphin is not completed. I believe the Swan was completed last year. You may want to pop over to the the Swalphin thread to inquire.

Refurbs are a completely different beast from renovations. That means it's basically soft goods and furnishings being replaced and typically you won't even notice unless it's happening directly above or next to you room ... which is uncommon because they usually schedule in buffer zones. Honestly, I wouldn't give that a second thought.

I was just at the YC/BC and the construction was not bad for the new convention center going in. However, I've heard of guests being notified about pool work (quiet pool) and Captsins grille and the lobby bar are going to be closed very soon. They are going to setup a temporary restaurant in Areil's at the BC.

I know the Dolphin is starting work on a massive renovation of the lobby. The rooms have been updated already and are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter