Xmas lights (Orlando/central FL) - besides Osbourne attraction at MGM

seema

Mouseketeer
What are the other sites of good Xmas lights, at Disney World (outside of the Osbourne lights at MGM studios)?, other theme parks in the central Florida area, and non-theme park areas, both in Orlando - and in central Florida up to both coasts (including the Tampa area, and the Cape Canaveral/Daytona area)?

Islands of Adventure decks out Seuss Landing in Christmas decorations for Grinchmas. Sea World has a walk-through thing of Norman Rockwell scenes.

I'm sure there are others. I'll see what I can find.

Leu Gardens & Cypress Gardens both have displays advertised. I thing Silver Springs does too. Leu Gardens is Free Admission Monday mornings. Cypress Gardens has a large Pointsettia display too.

And Polk County's tourism Website advertised different Christmas theme displays at various different cities.

Here's some info on several organized local celebrations to appreciate that may be a tame break from the big parks those weeks.

http://www.sunsational.org/content/interior.asp?section=events&body=citynights.htm

and www.icFlorida.com
I signed up for their free newsletter and found out about the SeaWorld Norman Rockwell event even before I saw it on the DIS!
:eek:

We were excited to hear about some of the "smaller" things like the Swansation Public Art event in Lakeland:
1)1 DD LOVES swans
2) We all loved seeing the Chicago Cows when we first visited the city
3) Even better was the "Home Suite Home" public art exhibit on our 2nd visit to Chicago. Now that 1 had us detouring our bigger planned sightseeing around where we could find more of these!
4) and our own native city and closest "fun place" did the Toronto Moose (what's the plural of that!?) a couple years ago and they can still be found at some of our fave visiting places there
So I think we'll be squeezing in an inexpensive visit to Lakeland along with everything else. Sheesh! This vacationing is getting hard on the system. Oh, to have stock in Kodak/Fuji after all these photo ops!

Anyway, please excuse my long-winded exuberance while trying to help others. You just don't hear much about all the smaller things in Florida...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter