Xmas Dream Meet up: December 24th, 2022: 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami

CruizyWoozy

Earning My Ears
After years reading this listserve, here’s hoping there is another lurker out there like me who’s never posted before :)

My 12-year-old son booked a VGT and this will be our 6th cruise (Dream 3x and Magic 2x previously). I love making intricate Fish Extenders, but I have no other family this time going to exchange gifts with. Really, I just want the excuse to sew something cute.

I told my son we may get seated with someone else for dinner which I learned about on this site. He thinks that is pretty cool and I’m always game to meet other people.

We’ve never done this route before and not sure what excursions we will book.

Also, after flying into Miami twice before, we are flying into FLL this time because flights are so much cheaper. In the past we have stayed at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral which was totally adequate, but I’m considering a hotel closer to FLL with a port transfer. We stayed at The HAMPTON INN FT. LAUDERDALE-AIRPORT NORTH the last time we got stuck overnight in Miami after our cruse and again it was adequate. I just called the hotel and was quoted $120 for up to four people for a Miami Port Transfer. I’m going to shop around for other deals.

Hi Cruizy, my family is also taking this cruise! Myself, DH, 3 DDs (22, 20 & 18), and my mom. It's our second DCL cruise, and we are getting excited, for sure! The fish extenders do look fun, especially for a holiday cruise! I'm not on FB, though, which is where most of the FE groups get organized, I think.

We are flying from NY to Miami the day before and 4 of us are going down in the early afternoon, but I'm worried about DD1 and DH, who are booked on a 6pm flight due to having to work that day. Weather is always an issue with flights, and they have a connection so that's an additional variable. Definitely looking into travel insurance!

My mom plans to stay on the ship for GC but the rest of us are thinking about a dolphin swim excursion, if we can get one (I imagine they are popular and sell out?). On Castaway Cay we will just enjoy the beach and water activities (maybe get a float or something lowkey).

I'll check this thread periodically to share plans and anticipation!!

We also booked VGT for this cruise. Family of 4 from Ohio with 2 daughters - 12 & 8. This is our 8th disney cruise. We’ve done all ships except Dream so we get the final ship too.

We also plan to fly into FLL.

I am not sure if we will do any excursion in Grand Cayman.

We joined FE in the social group.

Hi Cruizy, my family is also taking this cruise! Myself, DH, 3 DDs (22, 20 & 18), and my mom. It's our second DCL cruise, and we are getting excited, for sure! The fish extenders do look fun, especially for a holiday cruise! I'm not on FB, though, which is where most of the FE groups get organized, I think.

We are flying from NY to Miami the day before and 4 of us are going down in the early afternoon, but I'm worried about DD1 and DH, who are booked on a 6pm flight due to having to work that day. Weather is always an issue with flights, and they have a connection so that's an additional variable. Definitely looking into travel insurance!

My mom plans to stay on the ship for GC but the rest of us are thinking about a dolphin swim excursion, if we can get one (I imagine they are popular and sell out?). On Castaway Cay we will just enjoy the beach and water activities (maybe get a float or something lowkey).

I'll check this thread periodically to share plans and anticipation!!
I think my kiddo is going to be a life-long cruiser, so I see myself on a ship with him when he is as old as yours :)

I signed up with a FB group for the fish extenders and it took a few days to get added, but I'm looking forward to the activity! I found some cute things to sew and have already started. I'm not quite sure what to get for the boys in the group, so I'm still working on that.

I wasn't sure about the GC excursions, but today is our first day to book and I went ahead and signed us up for the Stingray Sandbar and Snorkel Trip (G76). Seems like it gets good reviews on this forum. We did a dolphin excursion once on one of the Caribbean itineraries and my son and nephews loved it, but I don't think I would do it again. On my last cruise I rented a bike and road around Castaway Cay and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it to anyone. My son is going to try the sport simulator for the first time, so I'll be curious to see how he likes that.

Turns out my dad is flying into Miami, so I'll be booking a hotel in Miami instead of FLL. Does anyone think getting an Uber on Christmas Eve will be a problem? I was actually wondering if I should book transportation with Disney to the port just because of that.

We didn’t book any excursions but did book Remy dessert experience, mixology, and Palo dinner. Our kids love the kids clubs so taking advantage of extra adult activities this time.

Hi everyone, our cruise is getting closer!!
We booked a dolphin excursion on Grand Cayman and are very much looking forward to that.
I also ordered the Holiday Decor package (looks very fun & festive!).
I'm debating on the photo packages/photo book. I thought for sure we would get one and was debating unlimited versus 15 photos versus book, but I've been reading here that you need to have a package for each cabin (we have three cabins), so now I'm not sure. I may post a thread asking more about it.
Does anyone know if there's a way to see what your MDE rotation will be prior to boarding? And how to change it, if you want to? And whether there's a preferred restaurant for Christmas? I'd love to arrange to have Christmas dinner in whichever venue is supposed to be best for that (or, maybe they all have the same special Christmas menu?).
How's the planning going for everyone else!?

Hi everyone!
It's so quiet in here! But I know you're all as excited as we are -- this trip is getting CLOSE!
How is everyone doing with planning!? All set with online check-in and PATs?
We have three cabins so two different PATs but we'll all just board with the later one.
We prepaid our gratuities just to have the final bill a bit lower.
We also added celebrations and dining seating requests to our reservations - I think that's a new feature and didn't even know about it until I read it on the Dis!
Anyone know if there's going to be a Pirate Night? I looked at the activities to see when the Pirate makeovers were offered as a clue to which night, but didn't see them offered on any day so now I'm unsure. Don't want to pack anything extra that we won't need, so maybe we'll just skip it (unless anyone knows that there IS going to be one...?).
Time to tune-up the packing list!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter