Xcaret

amy1007

Mouseketeer
Hi folks! I just wondered if anyone had looked into doing this excursion on your own, rather than booking the DCL excursion, and if so, what you found out? Thanks for your help.

We' going in July and plan to go to Xcaret. The only questions is will it be a DCL excursion or on our own. I have checked out their website - www.xcaretcancun.com - it's very informative.

I previously noted that the meeting time for this excursion (and a few others on the mainland) are 1- 1.5 hours before the Magic is suppose to dock at Cozumel. This would raise the question of whether DCL is going to drop some passengers off early near the mainland. If so, can passengers who don't sign up for a specific DCL excursion get off at the same time and say just get a taxi to Xcaret?

I may make the reservations in advance and then wait for the posts from the first western cruise DIS members. So many questions remain unanswered until the first passengers return.

My family and I will be doing the Disney Excursion to Xcaret on the 5/11 inaugural. I will find out the answers to your questions about whether Disney will let people off of the ship who are not booked on the excursion. Quite frankly though, it is not much cheaper to do the Disney excursion than it would be to go yourself. Admission to the park is, according to the Xcaret website, is a minimum of 75.00 and that does not include the ferry over to the mainland (if Disney will not let you off with the others), or food like the Disney tour does. 99.00 is really not all that bad for a 7 hour trip...Just my thoughts but I will let everyone know by offering a complete trip report...

Jennifer

I have been playing with the same idea so I talked with Xcaret direct. I explained the Disney intinerary and believe it or not..............they suggested I stay with the Disney tour as they could not be responsible if we "missed the ship" due to unforeseen circumstances. The prices were a little cheaper on our own but as someone else posted that did not include any transporation. Even though I wanted a little more time to spend there, I think I am going to play it safe. Would like to hear from those May cruisers though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter