Xbox / Xbox 360

kristieuk

DIS Veteran
Just a quick couple of questions - do Xbox 360 games play on the old Xbox? And can I buy games in America to play on our UK console?

Thank you :goodvibes

Not sure about whether the US games can be played on a UK console but I don't see why not.

As far as I'm aware (and is usually the case with games consoles), the newer models will play the older games but not the other way around - so X-Box 360 will play X-Box games but not vice versa.

A large number of old XBOX1 games will play on the 360, but not on the CORE model as you have to have the hard drive attached and download the compatability updates. There is a list of whats compatible on xbox.com

With regards to importing US 360 titles....a lot work, but not all. Its down to the publisher to decide if they want to make their games multi region, so the likes of EA allow none to work, but MS themselves don't mind. You can look at a website called PlayAsia to see if a particular US game is going to work.

Going back to XBOX1 games, with regards to imported games working, there are very few US XBOX1 titles that will work on a UK 360 in backwards compatability mode....so few that its effectivley none.

Hacking the 360 makes no difference to its region locking satus.

No XBox 360 games will not play on the original XBox. You can play some XBox games on the 360 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter