1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp italian seasoning
3 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms
Half 10oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3/4 c shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
1 cup tomato sauce, heated

In a small bowl, combine the lukewarm water and the sugar, sprinkle on the yeast. Let stand until foamy, 5 mins.
In a food processor, combine the bread flour, whole-wheat flour and salt. With the machine running, scrape the yeast mixture through the feed tube just until the dough forms a ball. Knead the dough by pulsing until it is smooth and elastic; 20-30 times. (I suppose you could use this method for the above focaccia recipe, but again I used my bread machine on the dough cycle)

Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray; place the dough in the bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, 30-45 mins.

Meanwhile, spray a lg nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the onion and italian seasoning and saute until softened about 3 mins, transfer to a plate

In the skillet cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until most of their liquid evaporates about 25 mins. Stir in the onion and the spinach; set aside.

Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Punch down the down; lightly sprinkle the work surface with flour. Turn out the dough; divide into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece into a 7" circle. Mound the veggies and the cheese in the center of each dough piece, then fold the dough over the filling, press the edges together to seal tightly. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 30 mins.

Bake at 400 degrees until just beginning to brown, about 20 mins. Serve immediately with tomato sauce on the side.

NOTE: the recipe says to place a shallow roasting pan with 2" of water on the bottom oven rack. I tried this and made a mess and just took it out and said heck with it and they baked just fine I would experiment with some seasonings in the dough but these are very good.

278 calories, 2 g fat, 6 g fiber = 5 pts per serving

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter