Wyndham rewards question- how many nights...

kittychatalot

DVC since 02/09 BLT
do you need to book to get a free night, ballpark? i am trying to decide if we should switch from choice hotels to wyndam. my goal is to get free nights for Disney from all the travel my traveling dh does in sales. TIA

I can't answer to either of those chains. But, I can speak to Hilton.

I'm a consultant and travel 4 nights a week about 5 weeks out of every 6. As I'm sure you DH knows, hotels run promos usually per quarter.

For quarter 1 of this year (ends March 31) Hilton did a promo where a 1 night stay = normal points, 2 night stay = double points, 3 nights = triple points, and 4 nights = quadruple points. For me, this was a GREAT promo since I typically have 4 night stays.

Now, at the Hampton Inn I always travel to, this quarter I have ended up earning almost 20,000 points per week. The Hilton at Downtown Disney costs 40,000 points per night. So just in quarter 1 of 2011, I have earned quite a few free nights at that Hilton.

Obviously, not every quarter will be as lucrative as this one. I guess what I'm saying is to weigh the options. Personally, we always stay on site. So for us, the only "off-site" hotel we would consider is the Hilton at DD because they have the transportation to/from Disney and you still get to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.

Look into the rewards programs you're interested in. Most will show you a tier of how many points you'll earn per $1 or however they do that, and they'll usually give you an idea of how many points you would need to redeem at a certain hotel.

Sorry to be so long winded, hope that helped you a little!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter