Wyndham Bonnet Creek Welcome Breakfast

garmich

Mouseketeer
Has anyone attended the "Welcome Continental Breakfast" at Wyndham Bonnet Creek? This is from their website:

"Welcome/Orientation Events: Bonnet Creek Welcome Continental Breakfast
Notes: Get together with your fellow Bonnet Creek neighbors on Monday morning for our Welcome Breakfast. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast, door prizes and learn what Bonnet Creek has to offer."

Is this an "update" on what the resort has to offer as far as amenities and activities? Or is it another timeshare sales pitch to get you to buy more points? And, is it worth attending or just a waste of precious vacation time? Is this breakfast only for adults?

Has anyone attended the "Welcome Continental Breakfast" at Wyndham Bonnet Creek? This is from their website:

"Welcome/Orientation Events: Bonnet Creek Welcome Continental Breakfast
Notes: Get together with your fellow Bonnet Creek neighbors on Monday morning for our Welcome Breakfast. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast, door prizes and learn what Bonnet Creek has to offer."

Is this an "update" on what the resort has to offer as far as amenities and activities? Or is it another timeshare sales pitch to get you to buy more points? And, is it worth attending or just a waste of precious vacation time? Is this breakfast only for adults?

I loved my stay at Bonnet Creek, but...

this is a Timeshare Pitch and is actually offered every day. The "prizes" are the offers for attending. In my case, it was a $75 Disney Gift Card. It was supposed to be my family of four for "continental" breakfast. They immediately dropped off my kids at the daycare. When I asked about the breakfast, I was told they would be getting snacks (which later ended up being some goldfish crackers). The adult "continental" breakfast ended up being a help-yourself to coffee, and pre-wrapped donuts or danishes. The meeting went longer than the 60 minutes they told us. It ran an hour and 40 minutes, and we were totally on a different floor than the kids so no way of checking on them.

It was the only real negative of our stay there. I would highly recommend skipping it.

I loved my stay at Bonnet Creek, but...

this is a Timeshare Pitch and is actually offered every day. The "prizes" are the offers for attending. In my case, it was a $75 Disney Gift Card. It was supposed to be my family of four for "continental" breakfast. They immediately dropped off my kids at the daycare. When I asked about the breakfast, I was told they would be getting snacks (which later ended up being some goldfish crackers). The adult "continental" breakfast ended up being a help-yourself to coffee, and pre-wrapped donuts or danishes. The meeting went longer than the 60 minutes they told us. It ran an hour and 40 minutes, and we were totally on a different floor than the kids so no way of checking on them.

It was the only real negative of our stay there. I would highly recommend skipping it.

I was expecting that it would be just another timeshare sales pitch. I purchased a timeshare at Bonnet Creek last summer. It's a great resort, but I have no intentions of adding more to what I already have. So, I guess, I'll skip it and make my own breakfast.

Do they tell you what the "prize" is before you go to the breakfast? Someone in the TUG forum (Timeshare Users Group) said he was able to negotiate and get 4 Disney tickets instead of the 2 tickets that were offered to him, before he agreed to attend a timeshare sales pitch at another resort, and he got them.

These are two completely different things.

We've been to many Wyndham resorts since purchasing resale about 9 years ago. Almost all of them have daily sales pitch tours offered, with a continential "breakfast" and "update" information on their program, etc., etc., etc. That's when they want to sign you up for a certain time so they'll have enough sharks circling and you are offered a "gift" or "incentive" to listen to them - pitiful prepackaged pastries and snacks are usually available too.

However, the Monday morning Welcome Breakfast is just that... a welcome breakfast with information regarding the resort activities for the week and area attractions, dinner shows and the like. We have not attended the one at Bonnet Creek yet. But we've been to these, specifically called "Welcome" Breakfast or Orientation, at their resorts in Flagstaff AZ, Williamsburg VA, Smoky Mountains TN, Nashville TN, Glade TN, Pompano Beach FL and Kissimmee (Cypress Palms) FL. At each of these, they had some actual, free, fresh food (muffins and/or bagels w/cream cheese and/or Krispy Kreme donuts, juices, coffee, fruit). Most offered useful door prizes, like a certificate for a free tennis pro's lesson or golf pro's lesson or round of golf, a free dinner show, a free massage in the spa, a free sightseeing tour or a free resort activity for the family. Some brought in representatives from area attractions to perform and offer discounts.

And the best part... not a sales weasel in sight!!! ;) :lmao: ...Truly. You are not approached individually and there's no 1-on-1 discussion. It's more like a mini-buffet line with open seating in an activity room or poolside, where an Activities Staff presenter shares info or introduces speakers. It's not so formal that you feel uncomfortable leaving early - people come and go.

Wyndham's sales pitch can vary from very reasonable to downright miserable. But they have the best orientation meetings we've seen in timesharing, on Sunday evenings or Monday mornings. You can tell what this is because there's no sign-up, you just show up and get in line. We don't miss these "Welcomes" now whenever we visit a Wyndham location for the first time. And they are for the whole family, btw. Some locations (like Nashville and Smoky Mtns) have such good door prizes and entertainers visit, people come in droves and you have to get there early in order to find a seat to listen.

Remember, if I'm wrong, and you haven't agreed to listen to a pitch in order to get a gift, you do NOT have to stay. If they start talking 1-on-1, I'd just excuse myself and leave! But I seriously don't think this will happen with the Welcome Breakfast.
Enjoy! :thumbsup2

We were at Bonnet Creek for 2 Monday mornings, and never saw anything set up as a Free Welcome breakfast. The brochure said to enquire at the VIP desk, which meant getting the tour.

I could be wrong. :confused3

In regards to the "prize", they asked at the VIP desk whether I had my Disney tickets, which I did so they didn't offer me that incentive. They said $75 Disney gift card, or $65 cash. I said no, and they didn't offer me more, but kept calling everyday. I didn't answer, but it was disruptive for my young kids sleeping so I decided to do it on an off-day.

As soon as we got there, they kept saying we were in the wrong pitch (because we rented and were not owners, even though we mentioned this multiple times at check in) as if it was our fault. And, even though we weren't owners they kept us for the full 100-minute-pitch.

Also, when we went to leave the pitch and get our "prize," the girl wasn't going to honour the gift card. She told us that wasn't available. I showed her the form that their staff wrote it on from the VIP desk, and the cards magically appeared. SO, always get what they are offering on paper.

I went to one other pitch at Cypress Pointe in the past. They gave us $300 in Disney gift cards (this was right after Katrina) and a full hot breakfast for the whole family. I was quite disappointed that Bonnet Creek went cheap on their presentations, and would only feed my gids goldfish crackers for breakfast :sad2:

I've decided I'll never do those things again!

The Monday morning Welcome Breakfast takes place by the pool between Towers 2 and 3. At least it did when we were there.

The Monday morning Welcome Breakfast takes place by the pool between Towers 2 and 3. At least it did when we were there.

Did you attend the Welcome Breakfast? Were they briefing the guests about the daily activities available at the resort? I'm hoping that it's just that.

Did you attend the Welcome Breakfast? Were they briefing the guests about the daily activities available at the resort? I'm hoping that it's just that.

No, we didn't attend. We were just out walking as it was going on. It was mostly families. I don't know many details, but they were giving out door prizes. It didn't seem like a sales pitch at all. Just some games and a light continental breakfast from what we saw. It seemed very low key. If you want to try it out, I think you should! There definitely weren't a bunch of salespeople there. In fact, I think it was just one guy from the Activities group (he was dressed very casual in a polo and khaki shorts like the rest of the Activities people).

Hope that helps some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter