Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Room request

ashleyfallis

4125 miles and too many days 'til we head 'home'!
Hi everyone!
We've just booked 16 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and we're super excited!

We've read a lot about the resort and we've seen some brilliant pictures of fireworks from balconys.

So my question for you (the lovely DIS experts) is which tower should we choose? And should we ask for a specific room?

49 days and dancing!

Rather than asking for a certain building - because some rooms will see fireworks and some will not - you just need to request a fireworks view. Remember many of the firework view rooms has a parking lot view the other 23 hours and 45 minutes of each day. WBC has a room with firework views that they will open up for you to come see the fireworks - the rest of the time it is a show room for the folks selling ownerships at WBC.

I don't believe they are taking room requests anymore but hopefully, you will get a nice person who will honor yours.

Have a great trip.

I don't believe they are taking room requests anymore but hopefully, you will get a nice person who will honor yours.

Have a great trip.
This is correct; WBC no longer accepts room requests. However, at checkin, you can ask the nice front desk person for a view if you like. They are usually pretty good about helping, if they can.

FWIW, I personally don't care for the "fireworks views" in Towers 4,5, and 6, because the fireworks are far in the distance and the real view is "parking lot." On the other side of the lake -- Towers 1, 2, and 3, you would have a view of both the lake and fireworks, although that view could be obstructed by one of the towers across the lake. I haven't stayed in 1, 2, or 3, so I'm not sure.

I stayed in Tower 3 last month, 9th Floor, and had AMAZING views -- lake and the Epcot ball, could see the Illuminations fireworks AND the Frozen Fireworks. If you're in Tower 3 you'll need to be on a high floor (9th is the top).

Besides fireworks, what are some of the other reasons for certain towers?

Are there some pools people prefer?
Other amenities?
Proximity to the main clubhouse?
Parking?

Besides fireworks, what are some of the other reasons for certain towers?

Other amenities?
Parking?
Those would be the main ones for most people, with "other amenities" including the spa at the Wyndham Grand (closer to 6 and 3), and BBQ facilities. I'm not sure where all the BBQ sites are, but they are the nicest I've seen at any timeshare anywhere. Several very large gas grills, picnic tables, shade -- REALLY nice.

With the pools, there are features of some of the pools that are important to some people:
  • Water slides -- although these are unimpressive to me, smaller kids will enjoy them -- Tower 6 and 3
  • Lazy rivers - Main building and Tower 5
  • Adult pool - Tower 4
  • Live entertainment - Tower 4 adult pool and Tower 3. Tower 3 has Karoke at night at least once a week, which would be a negative for me because of the noise.

You really cannot go wrong at any of the towers. Some like Tower 5 for the lazy river in front of it. Tower 6 has the pirate pool and is connected to the Wyndham Grand Hotel. Tower 2 is near the quieter pool and mini golf. But really...anywhere is great.

Think of a target sign. The center circle is the big lake in the middle of the property. The next circle has all the activities - pools, playgrounds, etc. The next circle is the 6 high rise buildings and the Wyndham Grand Resort hotel. The outermost circle is the parking. Between building 4 & 5 is a parking garage. Adjacent to building 6 & the hotel is another parking garage. Everything is really very close together and you can easily pool hop around the inner circle. Hope you have a grand vacation.

Brilliant everyone, thank you so much. We're so excited about going. Love the target analogy, great way to think of it.

Another quick q - is parking only in the garages or will we be able to park closer to our condo?

Brilliant everyone, thank you so much. We're so excited about going. Love the target analogy, great way to think of it.

Another quick q - is parking only in the garages or will we be able to park closer to our condo?
No, not only in the garages. There are two garages -- one between buildings 4 and 5 and the other shared by building 6 and the hotel. Buildings 4 and 5 have some ground level parking -- 1,2, and 3 have exclusively ground parking lots.

There's plenty of parking and you won't have to walk very far, regardless of building.

Hi everyone!
We've just booked 16 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and we're super excited!

We've read a lot about the resort and we've seen some brilliant pictures of fireworks from balconys.

So my question for you (the lovely DIS experts) is which tower should we choose? And should we ask for a specific room?

We've stayed there 3 times and our best view was Tower 2 lake view. Gorgeous view of the lake and multiple sets of fireworks!

I stayed in Tower 3 last month, 9th Floor, and had AMAZING views -- lake and the Epcot ball, could see the Illuminations fireworks AND the Frozen Fireworks. If you're in Tower 3 you'll need to be on a high floor (9th is the top).

We had this view with a 5th floor room and although I'm sure your view was better, we were still thrilled with it!

Other amenities?
Parking?
I think the best pool is by the main building (between Towers 1 and 4. My 2nd favorite is the pool at the hotel, which is between 3 and 6. Many people like the pool near 6 but I find that area way too crowded. Plus the pool by the main building overlooks the lake. My kids' favorite water slide has always been the one by building 3.

I have a 1BR Presidential booked. I'm not really concerned with fireworks views or locations to pools, but prefer a unit that gets lots of natural light. Many of the of the online photos of these units make the units seem rather dark. Obviously a southern/western exposure will be better. Another priority is proximity to close parking, preferably surface parking. Looks like 1, 2, and 3 might fit the bill, but am not sure these contain the Presidentials. Any suggestions from those who know this property well?

OP, not great but this map might help for visualizing layout.

o.jpg

You really cannot go wrong at any of the towers. Some like Tower 5 for the lazy river in front of it. Tower 6 has the pirate pool and is connected to the Wyndham Grand Hotel. Tower 2 is near the quieter pool and mini golf. But really...anywhere is great.

We consider this pool the loudest and never want to be anywhere near it. With the pool design it is very geared for kids so it's often very busy when we go (and we don't even go in summer).

I have a 1BR Presidential booked. I'm not really concerned with fireworks views or locations to pools, but prefer a unit that gets lots of natural light. Many of the of the online photos of these units make the units seem rather dark. Obviously a southern/western exposure will be better. Another priority is proximity to close parking, preferably surface parking. Looks like 1, 2, and 3 might fit the bill, but am not sure these contain the Presidentials. Any suggestions from those who know this property well?

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Can anyone help? Thanks!
All 1BR presidentials are in tower 6 in the upper floors.

There is surface parking outside, and also a garage. If you arrive late in the evening, you will likely have to use the garage. The advantage to the garage is you never have to go outside into the baking summer sun or potential afternoon thunderstorms to get your car, as the walk is all indoors. Your car stays cool and dry.

The rooms have large patios, which cuts down on some of the sunlight. Also, they have large, thick drapes to keep the beating, hot Florida sun out.

If you open the drapes you should get plenty of light. It's always a bigger concern to keep the sun out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter