Wyndam Bonnet Creek Timeshare push?

ganandem

Mouseketeer
We are staying at this resort in a few weeks. My mom is going along but not going with us a few days to Universal. If she takes the dreaded "tour" what will they offer her? I have heard the offer money as an incentive. Just wondering as she may be interested in doing something for a few hours and possibly purchasing in the future.

We are staying at this resort in a few weeks. My mom is going along but not going with us a few days to Universal. If she takes the dreaded "tour" what will they offer her? I have heard the offer money as an incentive. Just wondering as she may be interested in doing something for a few hours and possibly purchasing in the future.
Have her skip the "tour," enjoy her vacation, and then when she returns tell her to go to the TUG Wyndham board and do her research. She can buy Wyndham timeshare contracts on eBay for $1 -- don't let her buy from the developer. If she's not comfortable with eBay, she can find some reputable brokers on TUG and buy for hundreds, rather than tens of thousands of dollars.

Wyndham has a very good timeshare resort network, but their sales operation is one of the sleaziest in a sleazy industry. They are totally unethical, are called "weasles," and their sales pitches are called "weasel-speak." If their lips are moving, they're lying.

Tell Mom to stay away from them and save tens of thousands of dollars by buying resale.

Bonnet Creek is wonderful -- have a great vacation!

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last March and decided to go through the presentation to see how it compared to Disney Vacation Club. There were 3 of us going through the presentation and we started at 9:00 a.m. We were told we would have a continental breakfast which turned out to be a package muffin. I am gluten free so I could not eat anything not that I wanted that. We went through the presentation with a lady and she took us on a tour. After that we went back to the floor that we started in and then the pressure started. I told her there was no way I would make any decision on that day and she was quite perturbed. At that point it was around 11:00 a.m. and we were getting hungry. I told her we wanted to get our $75.00 for going through all this and she finally took us to another room and we had to start all over again with these high pressure men. I finally agreed to get a credit card with points that could be used in 2 years and they would keep the promotion current. It took until 1:00 p.m. to get things finished and he kept us waiting for 2 hours. I started to get nervous when I realized what he talked me into and long wait left me in a panic. When he came back to get a signature I told him I wanted out of everything. He got mad and said what happened when he was gone. I got loud and said I was misled and then left to wait almost 2 hours not knowing where he went. I made him go cancel everything and he was not happy. He looked at my husband and asked him what happened and my husband said look you have left us here all alone to think about this and she has changed her mind. I made sure everything was canceled and got out of there. I will never go through anything like that again. Loved staying at Bonnet Creek but will always rent or buy on ebay.

Loved staying at Bonnet Creek but will always rent or buy on ebay.

What does Ebay have to do with anything? I rented WBC off Ebay and didn't have to take any tours. Of course they asked me if I wanted a tour, but I simply declined.

If you are not a Wyndham owner DO NOT go to a presentation. They will keep you 3+ hours of EXTREMELY high pressure. It's not nearly as bad as a resale owner because they know that they could never sell developer prices to you. we collect $100 every time we go for 45 minutes of saying no. (the last one lasted 10 minutes, because she wasn't in the mood to waste her time on us)

You can buy Wyndham on ebay for nothing but a few bucks and a few hundred for closing costs.

That is what I did. I love my Wyndham timeshare. I don't mind the yearly fees. I can give it away if I want to. It is worth $0 on the resale market and I'm OK with that. Never buy Wyndham from the developer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter