WWYD? upgrade resort if fall FD comes?

laceyinwonderland

DIS Veteran
I need opinions from the experts please! We've stayed at POP twice, and loved it both times. We have small kids, and I know they like it too!

However, Im running numbers, with November free dining in the back of my hopeful head. We are booked at POFQ and excited to try a moderate for the first time. Our total is $1827. If we went back to pop and upgraded to regular dining (assuming at a value quick would be free) the total would be 1681.

So, is spending $146 worth it to upgrade from a value to a moderate? Part of me feels like with a wdw vacation, thats a drop in the bucket and we shoud totally go for it! Then the other part of me that penny pinches all year just to go to wdw says we should stick with what we love and spend that money some place else! Curse you WDW for having so many options!!! LOL

Any advice?

I need opinions from the experts please! We've stayed at POP twice, and loved it both times. We have small kids, and I know they like it too!

However, Im running numbers, with November free dining in the back of my hopeful head. We are booked at POFQ and excited to try a moderate for the first time. Our total is $1827. If we went back to pop and upgraded to regular dining (assuming at a value quick would be free) the total would be 1681.

So, is spending $146 worth it to upgrade from a value to a moderate? Part of me feels like with a wdw vacation, thats a drop in the bucket and we shoud totally go for it! Then the other part of me that penny pinches all year just to go to wdw says we should stick with what we love and spend that money some place else! Curse you WDW for having so many options!!! LOL

Any advice?
It is totally worth it to us! Try something new! You may be pleasantly surprised :)

Totally worth it for us. And POFQ is my favorite! As a matter of fact, I had POP booked for November, got a PIN and just upgraded to POFQ last week!

Honestly, it's the queen beds that are the most important factor for me. I have a real problem sleeping with dh in a double bed.

It's also a nice small resort with a beautiful atmosphere. And you can take the boat to DD!

Do it!!

Just a warning though - IF rooms are available at POFQ for FD ( usually hard to come by) they are usually the garden view or water view rooms. You will probably have to book POR - so if that resort appeals to you vs. POP - I know that a lot of people love POR but I would rather stay at POP than go to Riverside. I love the French Quarter though.

We always did the value resort's when my son was younger and even though we saved money, we did it more for the theme of the resort. Now that my son is 16 I think it's time to move up to mod. resorts. And with the free dining, it balances out a bit on the price. It is tough to get a standard room at pofq when free dining comes along but it's worth a shot.

Go for it! The mod will totally be for you and DH because we know the kids just want to be at WDW. Don't you think you deserve it? SURE you do! ;)

If it is only that much, I would definitely upgrade. Now I checked into upgrading from CBR to WL and those numbers were shocking!!!! :scared: I would never pay almost as much as I would be saving on free dining (which is quite a lot) to upgrade.

Any advice?

I'd go with a moderate. The rooms are a little bigger, the main pool has a slide, and all mods (except CBR) have queen beds.....totally worth the $146 difference, IMO.

Last year POFQ wasn't available so we had to go to POR. As it turns out, we LOVED it there! Its just beautiful! Fun pool! So if you don't get POFQ, keep an open mind!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter