WWYD? MY ADR mess

chrissyb2411

Mouseketeer
Ok, we leave sat and my ADR's are such a mess!! :headache:
It is me, DH ( who has no input) DS 5 who is acting too grown up for this silly stuff (but really will love it!) DD 2 who I think will probably be scared of characters. And heres what I have

Sun 12/11 shutters (at our resort CBR)
Sat 12/ 12 day at AK, res at Rainforrest cafe, I know this isn't on DDP but really think the kids will love it, so we are going

Mon 12/13 is MK day. I have a late breakfast res at O'hana, and a lunch res at LTT. I need to cancel one of these, but which one??

Tues 12/14 MVMCP night, so leaving the morning open to take it easy. I currently have a late lunch res at LTT, but I don't think this is going to work. If we are in the park at 2p there is no way our kids will make it late enough to see the parades. Where should we eat?

Wed 12/15 Epcot, Coral Reef, think the kids will love this! Am I right?

Thurs 12/16. HS day. This is a tough one. Origionally going to epcot this day, and have a res for chef Mickey in the am. But When I got Coral Reef, I changed park days (no hopper). I then got a late lunch res at Hollywood and Vine. I really want to keep this one, because i saw Oso makes an appearance, and DD likes Osos. But I really want chef mickey. Ack!!

Fri 12/17. No park plan this day, Res at Crystal Palace for dinner. This is all me, not so sure the kids will love it, but I loved it last trip, lol.

So help me, please!!!!!!!

On Fri 12/17 you say you have no park plan but you've got an ADR at CP. Trust me, this means at least a partial MK day. Your kids are NOT going to want to walk into MK and not do anything in the park. There's nothing wrong with this, but you do need your expectations set correctly.

About your LTT ADR on 12/14. What do you have planned for that morning? I realize you'll be sleeping in as much as your kids will allow it. My question is more about what you'll be doing with that time. Will you be able to get much relaxing done around your resort? If you will, then you may be better off with eating CS for dinner in the park and skipping the TS meal today. If you'll be active even at your resort then you might as well show up at MK in time for your 2pm ADR anyway (it'll cost you a park ticket, but it's only a couple bucks for each day with the length of ticket you have anyway so no big deal). I'm assuming you're on the dining plan since you've got an ADR every day. There aren't any early dinner ADRs currently available for 12/14 at MK or any of the monorail resorts so you may just need to stick with what you have or lose out on the credit. You could always try for a breakfast ADR on 12/17 to use up the last credit if you cancel your ADR on 12/14.

If you keep the 'Ohana breakfast ADR on 12/13 then your kids will have seen Mickey and Pluto already so you won't need to stress about seeing them at CM.

On Fri 12/17 you say you have no park plan but you've got an ADR at CP. Trust me, this means at least a partial MK day. Your kids are NOT going to want to walk into MK and not do anything in the park. There's nothing wrong with this, but you do need your expectations set correctly.

About your LTT ADR on 12/14. What do you have planned for that morning? I realize you'll be sleeping in as much as your kids will allow it. My question is more about what you'll be doing with that time. Will you be able to get much relaxing done around your resort? If you will, then you may be better off with eating CS for dinner in the park and skipping the TS meal today. If you'll be active even at your resort then you might as well show up at MK in time for your 2pm ADR anyway (it'll cost you a park ticket, but it's only a couple bucks for each day with the length of ticket you have anyway so no big deal). I'm assuming you're on the dining plan since you've got an ADR every day. There aren't any early dinner ADRs currently available for 12/14 at MK or any of the monorail resorts so you may just need to stick with what you have or lose out on the credit. You could always try for a breakfast ADR on 12/17 to use up the last credit if you cancel your ADR on 12/14.

If you keep the 'Ohana breakfast ADR on 12/13 then your kids will have seen Mickey and Pluto already so you won't need to stress about seeing them at CM.

Thanks for the input! I do realize if we keep CP res we will be speding part of all of the day at MK. I had left the day open for DS to decide which park he liked best, and revisit that one. It is looking like our planned MK day is going to be cold, highs in the 40's :scared1: so it may work out well to plan on spending the 17th at MK anyway.

On the 14th (mvmcp) day I was just going to plan on bumming around the resort a bit, and maybe headingout to MVMCP early afternoon, and taking a trip on the monorail to see the resort holday displays. I think maybe we could try for a walk up at one of the resort resteraunts on that day. We will see.

And yes we have DDP. Part of the trouble I am having is planning around a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I won't force them to sit through a meal if they are too tired, or cranky. But if I don't make ADR's we are sol for table service meals, or so I am led to understand. I feel bad that on some days I have 2 TS ADR's planned, even knowing we will only use one. But I don't know what is going to work best for my kids until the day comes. What a pita!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter