WWYD.....BLT or POLY

princessap

DIS Veteran
We have two nights booked at poly around the time of pool renovations and I am nervous the pool won't be open in time.....so I looked at renting points at BLT and there is availability for a one bedroom at BLT....what would everyone do?? this will be our first time onsite....we were planning arrival day resort day and dinner at Ohana and watch wishes from the beach, MK the second day with BBB appt and BOG dinner, and then departure day have chef mickeys booked for breakfast.

Price wise
Poly is 709 and BLT is 720

Thanks in advance....so torn on what to do?!?!? Kids will be 4,5 and 8 months old!

We have two nights booked at poly around the time of pool renovations and I am nervous the pool won't be open in time.....so I looked at renting points at BLT and there is availability for a one bedroom at BLT....what would everyone do?? this will be our first time onsite....we were planning arrival day resort day and dinner at Ohana and watch wishes from the beach, MK the second day with BBB appt and BOG dinner, and then departure day have chef mickeys booked for breakfast.

Price wise
Poly is 709 and BLT is 720

Thanks in advance....so torn on what to do?!?!? Kids will be 4,5 and 8 months old!

What are your dates? And how close are your dates to the pool construction?

To me, that's a no-brainer. Absolutely the BLT. The Poly is just to dark for me. BLT is so close to MK (walking distance) and you can use the deck at the Contemporary to view Wishes.

It is cutting it close and if the pool is important to you, then perhaps choose BLT. That would be a tough one for me. Poly is hands down our favorite resort with Boardwalk and Beach Club tied at 2nd. Theming and location and are two huge factors for us and Poly fits the mold for us in every way possible. Both are great locations for sure although walking to MK isn't as appealing to me as taking the monorail (more nostalgic for me by taking the monorail.) I also wouldn't choose a resort for the sole reason you can walk to the MK when it's only a 2 stop monorail ride from the Poly.

Is there anything else that is important to you in terms of choosing a resort? That could be the deciding factor.

With a 4 yr old and 2 year old twins, walking distance to MK isn't only a nice feature but, a necessary element.

I think that when the kids get older, I will be more apt to try an Epcot resort.

GL and enjoy!

Just be warned that if you stay in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT, you will have a hard time going back to a regular room at the Disney resorts. The 1 bedrooms at BLT are very large, with a separate master bedroom with king bed, 2 bathrooms, sleeper sofa and chair, full kitchen, dining area, and washer and dryer. MK is also a very quick walk from BLT. I have gotten where I don't like to use the monorail much anymore - there are so many delays and stops now, and so many people crammed into a very small space.

my dh wanted to stay in a one br but it was too expensive with rack rates so I stopped looking.
The things that attracted me to the poly were location to mk for BBB appts and day there, pool for girls and watching wishes from the beach and I know my girls would love to see the castle from the pool!

I am not as drawn to the theme of BLT but like the proximity to MK and space of one br is attractive. Not sure if girls will like theming of CR pool

BLT is our favorite and has spoiled us after our last visit.

Do they not have an alternative option for people who want to use the pool at Poly when it's closed? I would think they would allow them to go to a different resort and use the pool there. Similar to the spa at GF being closed, so people are being sent to SSR.

my dh wanted to stay in a one br but it was too expensive with rack rates so I stopped looking.
The things that attracted me to the poly were location to mk for BBB appts and day there, pool for girls and watching wishes from the beach and I know my girls would love to see the castle from the pool!

I am not as drawn to the theme of BLT but like the proximity to MK and space of one br is attractive. Not sure if girls will like theming of CR pool

I totally hear you with the theming. The Poly greens are exquisite and certainly in keeping with the theme. Are your dates locked and loaded or are you able to be flexible? It sounds like you had a little of your heart set on the Poly (with good reason) and now you're nervous about the pool. You would certainly get more room in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT than a standard room at Poly. I've only visited BLT and we didn't feel like it was a priority place for us to stay (that's just us personally) but I'm happy to share with you some other reasons besides location and theming that we love the Poly:

- shopping options
- Ohana and Kona
- 24 hours self serve mug refill and select food at Capt Cooks
- dole whip
- wishes on the beach
- spirit of aloha
- Neverland Kids Club (your 4 and 5 year olds would love it)
- walkway to TTC for Epcot Monorail
- hula lessons/lei making in GCH
- watercraft rentals
- cabana rentals (assuming pool is open)
- quick stop on monorail for pirates cruise at GF

I totally hear you with the theming. The Poly greens are exquisite and certainly in keeping with the theme. Are your dates locked and loaded or are you able to be flexible? It sounds like you had a little of your heart set on the Poly (with good reason) and now you're nervous about the pool. You would certainly get more room in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT than a standard room at Poly. I've only visited BLT and we didn't feel like it was a priority place for us to stay (that's just us personally) but I'm happy to share with you some other reasons besides location and theming that we love the Poly:

- shopping options
- Ohana and Kona
- 24 hours self serve mug refill and select food at Capt Cooks
- dole whip
- wishes on the beach
- spirit of aloha
- Neverland Kids Club (your 4 and 5 year olds would love it)
- walkway to TTC for Epcot Monorail
- hula lessons/lei making in GCH
- watercraft rentals
- cabana rentals (assuming pool is open)
- quick stop on monorail for pirates cruise at GF

Thanks. our dates are locked in...we have a BOG dinner reservation and BBB appointments and this was an add on to a week in Clearwater. if the pool was for sure open I wouldn't switch. But with planning a whole day there to enjoy the pool and not having it open would be disappointing.

BLT is our favorite and has spoiled us after our last visit.

Do they not have an alternative option for people who want to use the pool at Poly when it's closed? I would think they would allow them to go to a different resort and use the pool there. Similar to the spa at GF being closed, so people are being sent to SSR.

I think they do but when I am spending that much money I want convenience and not having to take 3 kids to another resort to swim.

Thanks. our dates are locked in...we have a BOG dinner reservation and BBB appointments and this was an add on to a week in Clearwater. if the pool was for sure open I wouldn't switch. But with planning a whole day there to enjoy the pool and not having it open would be disappointing.

It would be disappointing for sure. Loungin by the pool and seeing the castle in the distance is one of our favorites things. I'm sorry this is throwing a monkey wrench into your plans. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the 1br at BLT.

We've stayed at both and loved them for different reasons, but based on your priorities, I'd go with BLT. My kids had a great time at the BLT pool and slide and the rooms were beautiful (we shared a 2BD with my mom and step-dad and it was HUGE). We had a "garden view" room but it looked right on to Space Mountain with a sideways view of the castle and we watched the fireworks from our balcony every night. Obviously, the theming is quite different (think nice generic hotel more than "Disney") so I always feel like the Poly is more of a vacation feel to me. But you can't lose either way.

I would stay at BLT - just because it is cutting it close. The pool is also an important factor for my family too so I know what your thinking. You can always do the POLY next time. You will still be in the MK area on the monorail which is great.

Like other pps have said I hear the 1br is very nice! :goodvibes

BLT also has a nice pool with a good slide! not as good as POLy but lets just say its better then AKL /Jambo/WL :thumbsup2

Have fun at the world!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Thanks. I just read that the CR is having soft goods replacement refurbishments done during our stay. What does that mean?

Thanks. I just read that the CR is having soft goods replacement refurbishments done during our stay. What does that mean?

It means linens, other bedding, maybe curtains, light painting, etc. Not furniture replacement. CR renovations would be completely separate from BLT because BLT is a DVC timeshare and CR is not.

If you are considering "renting" a reservation from a member, you need to hustle because that one bedroom at BLT could be gone by the time you make up your mind.

I would go with BLT -- more space, full kitchen , washer/ dryer and 2 bathrooms. :)

BLT is our favorite place to stay. the kids love the pool there too.

Go for BLT. Ask for the top floor. You can put the kids to sleep in the living room and then send dh down to TOTWL for drinks and enjoy them on your balcony off the bedroom...great way to end the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter