WWYD: arrival day

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice. We are arriving later than expected due to flight change. If on time, will get to MCO around noon. Staying at Dolphin. We have MK park reservations.

We’ll have a tired, hungry crew and will need to do one real meal. No little kids but we will have left for the airport around 6.

I have two potential TS options : in park at 3;30 or after (at Poly) at 9:15. WWYD? Week before Christmas so I’m assuming big crowds. I feel like we’ll need that 3:30 meal and sanity break but it may just annoy everyone if we’re running on day 1 adrenaline :)

To me a lot depends on the ages of your kids - if they're closer to 10 years old or they're older teens. By the time you get to the hotel and head out it the 3:30 meal might be refreshing. The evening meal - even tho I'm a night owl - just might be too late and everyone exhausted. With older kids who are old enough to split off - I might not plan any sit down meal and we all eat when we're ready on that day so that there is maximum flexibility to take a nap when you arrive or someone wants to get to sleep early, etc. If the kids are younger (like 6-12ish) I might go with the earlier sit down meal in the MK. I just don't like having a TS meal planned and everyone is either tired or not hungry, etc. on arrival day especially.

Mobile order at Casey's on the ride over to MK., head straight there. Plenty of quick service that will taste like heaven after a day of travel like that. You'll be fine. It will be the best hot dog anyone has ever had, haha.

You can also pack much heavier food-wise for the plane that you normally would have. If you pack everyone an actual lunch, there's a good chance they'll eat it traveling that long.

I would not plan a sit down meal in fear I'd have to pay for it if I miss it. You can do Mobile order and get a QS instead.
I agree with not planning a sit down meal for arrival day. One option to consider is doing QS at the Poly before you go to MK. The bus from the Dolphin will take you to the TTC and you can walk over to the Poly from there. You can do mobile order at Capt. Cooks and enjoy a nice lunch sitting outside at the Poly (if the weather is decent). Then hop on the Monorail to MK. I always like getting Capt Cooks quick serve when we are in that area, even when we aren't staying at the Poly. I like the different options they have there (not just burgers and hot dogs).

Have a great trip!

I agree with not planning a sit down meal for arrival day. One option to consider is doing QS at the Poly before you go to MK. The bus from the Dolphin will take you to the TTC and you can walk over to the Poly from there. You can do mobile order at Capt. Cooks and enjoy a nice lunch sitting outside at the Poly (if the weather is decent). Then hop on the Monorail to MK. I always like getting Capt Cooks quick serve when we are in that area, even when we aren't staying at the Poly. I like the different options they have there (not just burgers and hot dogs).

Have a great trip!
That is a great suggestion. Thank you!

Once you arrive at the Dolphin and drop off your luggage, I would simply do grab-and-go at Fuel in the Dolphin lobby (the food is actually pretty good and they have tables inside the QS) go to The Fountain or Cabana (outside by the Dolphin pool) for lunch. That way everyone is fed and you can head to MK and not have to worry about a meal. Or even walk over to Ale and Compass at YC (if you can get an ADR) for lunch and then catch the MK bus from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!