WWOHP Phase 2?

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
Just looking through the Avatar post I am seeing mention of WWOHP phase 2 but I have somehow never heard of this before. What are the details on this I am a HUGE HP fan so I love the idea of it being expanded!!!

Just looking through the Avatar post I am seeing mention of WWOHP phase 2 but I have somehow never heard of this before. What are the details on this I am a HUGE HP fan so I love the idea of it being expanded!!!
It's all rumor and speculation about Phase 2 of WWoHP and nothing has been announced officially.

There have been rumors of redoing the rest of The Lost Continent (Poseidon's Fury, Sinbad...idk about Mythos) into WWoHP.

The rumors have been a new show involving stunts and spells at Sinbad, and the most popular being Poseidon being turned into a Chamber of Secrets attraction. Of course, liberties have been taken with the park (Hogwarts being right next to Hogsmeade), so building a Chamber of Secrets attraction may not be so far-fethced. I've also heard rumor of the area being turned into Diagon Alley with Poseidon being turned into a Gringott's Bank attraction.

These are all rumors of course with no reputable sources.

There have been rumors of redoing the rest of The Lost Continent (Poseidon's Fury, Sinbad...idk about Mythos) into WWoHP.

The rumors have been a new show involving stunts and spells at Sinbad, and the most popular being Poseidon being turned into a Chamber of Secrets attraction. Of course, liberties have been taken with the park (Hogwarts being right next to Hogsmeade), so building a Chamber of Secrets attraction may not be so far-fethced. I've also heard rumor of the area being turned into Diagon Alley with Poseidon being turned into a Gringott's Bank attraction.

These are all rumors of course with no reputable sources.

Hogwarts is right next to Hogsmeade in the books though. Well, a short walk along a path from the castle to the village. So no real liberties were taken there. Now putting the Chamber of Secrets that far from the castle would be taking a lot of liberites since the Chamber is technically in the castle. And of course the same could be said for Diagon Alley as it is in an entirely different country than Hogwarts/Hogsmeade. Diagon could be done though, if they just set it up in a way that it doesn't upset all of us Potter nerds.:rotfl:

Here the lastest rumors posted on ScreamScape:

(4/8/11) According to a report at the LA Times, Universal has been conducting some guest surveys about a possible expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that could double the size of the entire land. Apparently the phase, "twice as big with twice as much everything." was used. From the report and rumors I've heard myself, the inclusion of Diagon Alley and a Leaky Cauldron restaurant are a virtual lock in at this point. Unfortunately, no new rumors about a possible dark roller coaster ride, but give it time...
(1/31/11) While the rumor mill about what may or may not be in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion site is just starting to ramp up, Behind the Thrills has posted a poll to allow their readers to vote on what things you would like to see added.
(1/29/11) According to one rumor, Universal is looking into having the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter finished by 2013… which is confidently the same time that Disney should be done with their Fantasyland expansion down the road. (I love it when they play nasty…)
As for the expansion, the plans are still being worked on, but the general idea is to take over the rest of Lost Continent, though at the same time they do not want to disturb the Mythos restaurant. (Just my 2 cents… but just place the new gateway to the Wizarding World just beyond the entrance of Mythos to avoid the clash.) The obvious and early idea here right now is to re-create a Diagon Alley environment… full of more theme appropriate shops to sell merchandise of course. An action show of some kind is being tossed around to replace Sinbad, and one possible storyline could involve the TriWizard Tournament. As for what may become of Poseidon’s Fury… the jury is still out, and many ideas are said to be on the table, however one possible idea under consideration would be an indoor steel coaster ride themed to Gringotts Wizarding Bank vaults seen in the first film. In case you’ve forgotten, check out the video embedded below.

(1/29/11) According to one rumor, Universal is looking into having the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter finished by 2013… which is confidently the same time that Disney should be done with their Fantasyland expansion down the road. (I love it when they play nasty…)

;)

(4/8/11) According to a report at the LA Times, Universal has been conducting some guest surveys about a possible expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that could double the size of the entire land. Apparently the phase, "twice as big with twice as much everything." was used. From the report and rumors I've heard myself, the inclusion of Diagon Alley and a Leaky Cauldron restaurant are a virtual lock in at this point. Unfortunately, no new rumors about a possible dark roller coaster ride, but give it time...
(1/31/11) While the rumor mill about what may or may not be in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion site is just starting to ramp up, Behind the Thrills has posted a poll to allow their readers to vote on what things you would like to see added.
As for the expansion, the plans are still being worked on, but the general idea is to take over the rest of Lost Continent, though at the same time they do not want to disturb the Mythos restaurant. (Just my 2 cents… but just place the new gateway to the Wizarding World just beyond the entrance of Mythos to avoid the clash.) The obvious and early idea here right now is to re-create a Diagon Alley environment… full of more theme appropriate shops to sell merchandise of course. An action show of some kind is being tossed around to replace Sinbad, and one possible storyline could involve the TriWizard Tournament. As for what may become of Poseidon’s Fury… the jury is still out, and many ideas are said to be on the table, however one possible idea under consideration would be an indoor steel coaster ride themed to Gringotts Wizarding Bank vaults seen in the first film. In case you’ve forgotten, check out the video embedded below.

I always take ScreamScape rumors with a grain of salt. They are notorius for being wrong most of the time

I always take ScreamScape rumors with a grain of salt. They are notorius for being wrong most of the time

Like all rumors, I take a wait and see approach. But it would be great to see this one become reality. :thumbsup2

I would love to see WWOHP expanded. While it wouldn't really matter to me what they could expand it to but I would love to see the Ministry of Magic or the burrow attraction.

Love it! They need a Diagon Alley!!! Would love to wander through more WWHOP streets and shops. :thumbsup2

Universal also sent out surveys a year or two back asking guests if they'd like to see an Avatar-land... so take those surveys with a grain of salt. My favorite survey from Universal was one asking about the potential for a Lord of the Rings-themed land...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter