• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WW activity pts

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
How do you know if your exercise session is light? moderate? heavy?? as to figure AP on a calculator.

Is there an official WW way to figure this, maybe based on hear rate or level of exertion??

Is it just my own perception?

I haven't been counting anything as heavy, but sometimes wonder where the line is between the different types?

thanks for any input!

I have been wondering the same thing. I use to jog so I have been counting our lunchtime walks as light. I hope somebody on this board has an answer.

Well, if you look at the back of the points booster it tells you something like this...

High activitiy you will break a sweat

Moderate activity... will probably make you sweat

Light activity will probably not break a sweat.

It is going to be a personal decision. I use that basicly for my guide.

I look at that, and how much energy I percieve I put out and then put it into the points booster. does that help at all?

It IS a very subjective thing. I wish there was some way to make it more black-and-white.

But, when in doubt, I count the lower activity level. Just like when in doubt about how many points in a food, I figure the higher point level.

As DH always says: "It is what it is"... If you count 4 activity points instead of 3, it will still affect your weight loss as 3 points. ;) I figure that's why we have that 5-point-per-day range -- since nothing is exact!

for the info - I was probably going on the side of caution when figuring my AP (jogging at moderate when I am definately sweaty) and so i'll start to incorporate Vija's info. I hate to add too many AP and end up eating more and slow the process down!

but, today I jogged and did pilates and I have been hungry this morning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter