WOW - you are not going to believe this!

twinmommyks

DIS Veteran
We received our passports in less than 4 weeks (and we did not pay for expediated service). We went in on August 8 and received them on Sept. 5.:cool1:

I was in complete shock when I got the mail and all 4 were in there. While opening the envelopes, I didn't think it was possible and was fearful that they were being returned because of something like incompleted forms.;)

Hearing that some were taking 12 - 14 weeks, we applied early since our cruise isn't until the end of May 08. Boy was I surprised but oh so happy.:woohoo:

Good luck to everyone who is either waiting for their passports or applying in the near future. May you have the same luck we had.:wizard: Sending some pixie dust your way.

I would be interested in knowing where in the country you are located. I have heard that certain areas are much slower than others. I believe the CHicago area goes to somewhere in the NorthEast and that office is known for being slow. That is AWSOME for you guys....hope it is the same for us.

We experienced the same thing! Went into the post office on the 8th of Aug, and got them yesterday. We did not pay for expedited service. We live in the Los Angeles area.

We got DS's in about 6 weeks time. We live in Iowa.

Maybe they're getting caught up?

I live in NJ and filed for mine and my sons on 7/2 and got them 9/2. My sister in law filed for her kids the beginning of Aug and got hers 9/2 as well.. she is in NJ too.

I would be interested in knowing where in the country you are located. I have heard that certain areas are much slower than others. I believe the CHicago area goes to somewhere in the NorthEast and that office is known for being slow. That is AWSOME for you guys....hope it is the same for us.

We're in Missouri (not to far f/ Chicago), I think ours normally go to
New Orleans, I got my daughters last Friday. Took exactly 6 weeks, got delivered in a priority envelope (which I didn't pay for) and her birth certificate was with it. I know this was quite a bit quicker then they were running this past spring. It took a friend of mine I think 10 weeks and he actually had to drive to New Orleans then because he hadn't gotten them and was leaving for Korea the next day w/ his whole family.

So far, 3 of 4 of us have gotten our passports; took 4 wks for DH (renewal), 5 wks for DD & DS (new); I'm still waiting for mine. I'm in MO; our passports come out of New Orleans.

Also, my DH received his cancelled passport back, & my kids' birth certificates were returned in the same envelope as their passports, & also one of the photos we had to send in. Now, why do they request 2 photos if they return one? :confused3

We live in KS. We received our birth certificates along with our passports, but did not receive a picture back.

Hey Neighbor! What part of KS.? We are going to be cruising in April and are just waiting to get our pictures taken before we take our paperwork to the P.O. Here's hoping we get the speed as you do.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wow, that's great!

We are in the Phoenix metro area and as you can see below, I have been waiting 10 weeks so far.

What the heck? We applied end of May. It says they are still processing (it's said that forever). Just hoping to have them by November. Where do the Minnesota applications go?

What the heck? We applied end of May. It says they are still processing (it's said that forever). Just hoping to have them by November. Where do the Minnesota applications go?

Some friends of ours applied mid May, and they just received theirs last week. Now they did call and ask how much longer it would take....and poof :wizard: they got an email the next day saying they were done. ;)

Nevermind, I just went and checked it again and it says they are in the mail and we should receive it around Sept. 10th. :cool1: How exciting, I can't wait to see the baby's...her picture was too cute but won't look that much like her by the time we cruise-- 6 months later!

We're in Northern Virginia (DC suburbs) and got ours in a month! (applied 8/4 and got them 9/1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter