Wow, the food is bad at Discovery Cove

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
We loved our day at DC, (May 19, 2019) - what a great experience.

But boy is the food bad. We got in a long line for breakfast and I was immediately put off by the experience and presentation. I'm not there for the food, granted, but a place that touts itself as some kind of exclusive, first-class experience should try to focus on that in all areas, especially given that they use the all-inclusiveness as a selling point.

This was Comfort Inn-level fare, here. The pastries were thawed, bland Sysco-like products. The eggs were so runny I actually took a picture of them because I was stunned they would serve them in that state.

Lunch was marginally better. The chicken and beef both had this over-processed quality to them that made them reminiscent of the product they were supposed to be, but definitely not that item itself. My pulled pork was lacking barbecue sauce.

The pina colada cupcake and carrot cake were great! And...that's all I got.

The snacks are boring soft pretzels that almost immediately get hard under a heat lamp and bags of Lays potato chips and rice krispie treats. The alcohol that's included in the price is...well, alcohol you would expect to be thrown in for free.

Don't get me wrong - it's still a great day. Just adjust your expectations for the food.

andyw715

Mouseketeer
I agree.
I was disappointed when we went that the food quality from SW made its way to DC.

If it weren't for BOGO dining deals we wouldn't eat at SW.

The food at both is just "Meh"

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
It used to be good and I mean WAY back in the day it was so good. The last 3 times we have been the food was almost inedible. It was so bad, the only things that were eaten were the desserts. Plus the lines were so long for food and it was never that way. I think they let a lot more people in than they used to.
I still have a great day at DC but the food situation gets worse and worse each time we visit.

Joanna71985

<marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien
I went twice in Oct, and I didn't have any issues with the food

Michael Webb

Earning My Ears
I agree the food is underwhelming. Hopefully they hear from enough people and see enough of these criticisms that they change. Disney goes bad every decade or so and then beefs up their quality. Hopefully Discovery Cove will too.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS