WOW, LOW Airfare!

MemoryMakers2669

<font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th
Not sure if I can post this here or not, but I guess I will find out. I just got our airfare from Washington DC to Orlando for $78 ROUND trip! Plus taxes and such of course, so $93 total, but still! Independence Air!

I just had the same luck with Independence - the lowest I could get out of Albany to Orlando was for $356 with Southwest - this morning, Independence was $350 roundtrip with much better times and DOUBLE POINTS towards free ticket. I had to wait until this afternoon to buy after speaking with DH and they went down another $40 to $310 - that's the best price I've seen in awhile - only $155 each!

Independence flys from Knoxville, but not Nashville. Sorry! Your best bets are SW and Delta.

Glad you got a good deal too boucheresq! When are you going? We are going MLK Jr. weekend.

boucheresq said:
so are we - from 1/13 to 1/18! Can't wait to go!

Now weren't you staying at Music last night? LOL! Did you just change hotels? We are doing Movies for our 4 year old. It will just be her, DH and I. We are leaving the baby at home with my sister. As much as we will miss her, it will be nice not having to lug so much stuff around and hopefully we will get a lot more done while there.

we were! good eye! I really wanted to stay at Pop but ASMusic was all they had at the time. Unfortunately, all they have available now for all of the value are the preferred rooms which is more expensive then the $55/night; so I'm going to keep calling to see if I can get a $55 room to lower the room price - so you may see a change again! Who knows, I could end up next store to you! :) Hope you have fun - I bet you're as excited as I am!

Good Luck getting the standard room. Since the code has expired, will they still honor it if you change rooms? Will be interesting to see the answer to that. Disney is so funny though with the way they do things. Like I tried getting us a room, called several times and sold out, sold out, sold out....with code and without, can't even pay full price they say. The code was supposed to be blacked out for that weekend as well. So, the last time I called, again, all sold out, want to check on a moderate, etc. So, I say, lets look at the following weekend. Figured it would be cheaper to take a day off work, if I could get the $55 rate then instead. Well I go to give her the code for the weekend of the 21st, which I hadn't bothered to do for the 14th and she says, lets check the 14th again with the code. Yeah, that will work I said...and guess what, it did!!

They make NO sense at all. I have had this happen to me THREE times now. Almost like the system gets sick of them looking around and just gives you want you wanted in the first place. I wonder if it triggers something or maybe the CM has more power than they let on. Hmmmm....

they told me if there is availability, they could get me the BDP rate since I used it before the expiration - we'll see if that becomes true!

Independence flys out of Huntsville which is only about 90 minutes from Nashville.

Carol

CarolA said:
Independence flys from Knoxville, but not Nashville. Sorry! Your best bets are SW and Delta.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Independence now flies non-stop to Orlando from Huntsville (what a switch, us not having to drive to Nashville to take advantage of low airfares. ;) )

EDIT: Sorry Carol, I should have read the complete thread before posting the exact same thing you did. :)

I love Independance Air. Sign up for their membership program & get emails for their latest sales. They keep expanding all the time, adding new destinations & the prices keep going down.:D They are very no-frills, but I don't need all those extras & it's nice not having to pay for them on short flights anyways.

Thanks for posting on Huntsville. I just found out they fly from there and was coming to correct my earlier post.

We are flying on indepence from dulles to orlando on Jan 20 returning Jan 25. $78 round trip. Four RT tickets with tax came to $368.

The day before I bought these tickets, I booked on usair for a total of $706. Because it was less than 24 hours they let me cancel with no fee. I saved over $300 and the flights are the same travel days, same flight times, direct flights, just dulles airport instead of national.

Imzadi said:
I love Independance Air. Sign up for their membership program & get emails for their latest sales. They keep expanding all the time, adding new destinations & the prices keep going down.:D They are very no-frills, but I don't need all those extras & it's nice not having to pay for them on short flights anyways.

Since I only fly Southwest usually, I know nothing of frills to begin with. Independence Air has more frills though I guess. They have a nice variety of GOOD snacks to choose from, not just the little bag of peanuts like SW. Also, I think the hot towels are a very nice touch.

aec said:
We are flying on indepence from dulles to orlando on Jan 20 returning Jan 25. $78 round trip. Four RT tickets with tax came to $368.

The day before I bought these tickets, I booked on usair for a total of $706. Because it was less than 24 hours they let me cancel with no fee. I saved over $300 and the flights are the same travel days, same flight times, direct flights, just dulles airport instead of national.

We too just paid $78 round trip for ours, plus tax. Three seats for $290. The same day though, I entered a contest to win Redskin Tickets and a few hours after I bought my tickets, I got an email with a code for $20 off a round trip. It took it off all three tickets, so it would have just been $230 had I waited!! The return flight we had though was back to regular fare, so I was better off buying when I did, but still.

So, anyone thinking of buying from them this week. First, sign up for the IClub, then sign up for the contest for the Redskins Tickets and wait for that email code. It takes it off of every ticket you buy, not just one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest