Wow! Great Rate Alert!

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
I dont think it is a qualifying rate for Loews, but at this price I don't care. We got Hard Rock Hotel Sept 29-Oct 3 for $693 INCLUDING taxes by using this link.

http://www.univacations.com/FLSummer/

When I picked the hotel, I just removed the vacation insurance, and tickets since we got our tickets at the AAA office for $80 each.

That's a Florida Resident rate, are you sure you qualify? They could ask you for ID and raise the rate on you if they see you aren't local.

Nope...I called and they said that it is NOT a Florida resident rate. I have already paid the deposit and have confirmation. I entered my address here in NC and it went through. You do have to be a Florida resident to get the movie tickets and $10 gift card) I did not get those.

How did you find that link? I can't see it mentioned anywhere on the univacations website. The rate is really good. I can only find comparable rates like that for Florida residents.

Damo...it was a fluke. I was surfing around the Universal site and saw a small ad for Summer getaways starting at $99. Thank goodness I was able to find that link saved in my history and I pulled it up. What is strange is that when I got the confirmation link for the hotel it was from travel@aaacarolina.com. I have tried to find out why they won't give me the gas cards because this is a aaacarolinas rate via Univacations and they keep telling me that it was because it is a package. I told them it wasn't a package, that all I got was the hotel. So I will talk to the hotel when we arrive in Sept about the gas card issue. I couldn't believe what a great rate it was. The closest I could get to it was almost $800.

Great rates!!! I cant get the Hard Rock to come up for my dates though and since I PROMISED the kids the Hard Rock I cant change at this point........but great rates!!!!!

It clearly states Florida Resident Discount when I get a quote - even after taking off the Florida resident park ticket

GARDEN VIEW 2 QUEEN BEDS 375 Sq Ft Spacious room with view of the Gardens or Theme Parks Sleeps up to 5
(Florida Resident Discount) Current Selection

POOL VIEW 2 QUEEN BEDS 375 Sq Ft Room with Spectacular View of Pool or Beach Area Sleeps up to 5
(Florida Resident Discount) + $33.75

I could get HRH to come up for Dec 10-17...I chose a king club room. The price was about $363/night. Not so great, considering I got it last year, about the same time frame, for $279/night w/AAA. The only difference is the $363 is including taxes.

Same room type, same dates, I can get the HRH club for $323 w/APH. I get $268/night w/ SS rate. $287.20 w/AAA rate.

Oh, and it did say Florida Resident Discount just as TraceyL stated. I didn't attempt to book it, I was just playing around to see what I could get.

Your specific dates must be better than going in December.

Just checked your dates and if you have an AP and use the APXTRA code you can get a garden room for $139/night! Nice.

That week is considered an extra value week and, when booking on the netbooker site, you get: EXTRA VALUE WEEKS 4NTS OR MORE
Includes 2 adult theme park tix, 2 AMC movie tix, $10 gift card, $150 Hotel Savings Guide

and the rate is $229. SS rate for that week is $183/night.

Looks like lots of good deals to be had if traveling at that time!

I tried this but it also said Florida resident rate, and it was the same as I'm paying with super saver. Thanks though!

Damo...it was a fluke. I was surfing around the Universal site and saw a small ad for Summer getaways starting at $99. Thank goodness I was able to find that link saved in my history and I pulled it up. What is strange is that when I got the confirmation link for the hotel it was from travel@aaacarolina.com. I have tried to find out why they won't give me the gas cards because this is a aaacarolinas rate via Univacations and they keep telling me that it was because it is a package. I told them it wasn't a package, that all I got was the hotel. So I will talk to the hotel when we arrive in Sept about the gas card issue. I couldn't believe what a great rate it was. The closest I could get to it was almost $800.

Melanie, I would call them back again and just double check everything. Something sounds a little fishy.

never mind. Don't want to minimize Melanie's great rate that she got.

Mine was NOT a Florida Resident rate. Here is what it says when I book:

GARDEN VIEW 2 QUEEN BEDS 375 Sq Ft Spacious room with view of the Gardens or Theme Parks Sleeps up to 5
(FLA RES EXTRA VALUE WEEKS Stay 3 or more nts and get 2 free AMC movie tickets and $10 gift card for concessions)

Since I am not a Florida resident I do not get the free AMC movie tickets and $10 gift card for concessions.

I just called the Univacations number to verify this reservation. Jay told me that this is NOT a Florida resident rate, but if I were a resident I would get this rate AND the movie tickets and gift card. So hopefully you guys can use this link and save some money!

(FLA RES EXTRA VALUE WEEKS Stay 3 or more nts and get 2 free AMC movie tickets and $10 gift card for concessions)

Since I am not a Florida resident I do not get the free AMC movie tickets and $10 gift card for concessions.

I just called the Univacations number to verify this reservation. Jay told me that this is NOT a Florida resident rate, but if I were a resident I would get this rate AND the movie tickets and gift card. So hopefully you guys can use this link and save some money!

It IS a great rate and thanks for alerting others to it, especially if it can be used by others than Florida residents.

Good call in checking again. You got a great deal!

Melanie, you darling woman, you just saved me $200!!!!!!! Thank you SO very much - hope your trip is as much fun as ours is going to be! Thank you again for your super helpful information:worship:

Oh man...I am so glad that link worked for you! I still can't believe I got that deal either! We had cancelled our original plans to go this year, and when I saw how cheap that rate was I couldn't pass it up!

For the post.

We were planning to go to Universal for one day and really wanted to stay on-site for the 2 nights before moving to the GF for the other 5 nights, but the rates were daunting...

Thanks to your link I got two nights at the Hard Rock for 358....thrilled to bits.

D

You have no idea how happy it makes me telling me that you saved $$$! We weren't going to Universal this year due to money, and the price of gas being so high. So we were so sad. Then I found this link and we jumped on it! I am so happy that you were able to change your reservation and you got the hotel! Have a great time!

I dont think it is a qualifying rate for Loews, but at this price I don't care. We got Hard Rock Hotel Sept 29-Oct 3 for $693 INCLUDING taxes by using this link.

http://www.univacations.com/FLSummer/

When I picked the hotel, I just removed the vacation insurance, and tickets since we got our tickets at the AAA office for $80 each.

1) did u ever find out if this is a qualifying rate or not?popcorn::

2) im all for a great deal, if im eligible! while it's a few bucks cheaper than APH rates for my dates, the website clearly states FL resident rate on site & if u work 'backwards' as to hot deals link, it takes u to FL resident offers:confused:

"GARDEN VIEW 2 QUEEN BED 450 Sq Ft Beautiful comfortable rooms overlooking garden area Sleeps up to 5(Florida Resident Discount)

*also more restrictive revision/cancellation policy as it is a "package"

REVISION FEES:
Once full payment is received for any booking within 5 days of departure , a $50 revision fee per transaction, plus any applicable services fees, price increases or supplier fees, will be assessed for any changes made to the reservation including, but not limited to, dates, names, hotel, and ground transportation. Fees are non-refundable.

CANCELLATIONS FOR VACATION RESERVATIONS:
Days prior to departure
6 days or more: Only cancellation fees charged by supplier will be incurred
5-0 days prior: 1 night of your total vacation cost plus any fees imposed by our suppliers

*weirdly, couldn't get to go to final page after removing the tix, insurance, etc.:confused3 .

I dont know if it is a qualifying rate or not, but it is not a Florida resident rate. On the page that I get, it says that FL residents get 2 free movie tickets, and a $10 gift card for concessions. Since I am not a resident I do not get those extras, just the room rate. Keep trying to get the insurance and tickets off...it took me a couple of tries but it finally worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter