• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wow disney marvel

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
wow Disney might be buying 5000 characters from Marvel.

that could be awesome, a whole new park with just the marvel superheros. (Boys)
Ok im a girl an I like super heroes but I know we had all been saying Disney needs to cater more to boys

Well maybe this is that way. I know one friend already hates Disney buying marvel out but I for one am all for this Go Disney :woohoo:

ps build it in California not Florida please

would be awesome for a 3rd park in Anaheim. My DH is not at all happy about this merger but i'm pretty pleased.So hope it goes through

I know!! Crazy, it would be pretty cool if they put a new park into Disneyland. It would most likely be more scary rides like rollercoasters etc. I love Marvel:goodvibes

I heard about this this morning and was very excited(this coming from a comic book nerd).

A new park would be AMAZING, but id be happy just to see a marvel universe ride pop up somewhere, not to mention the character photo ops this could create, disney/marvel merchandise, theres alot of really cool possibilities this could lead to and really hoping to see some:cool2:

This is going to be the second thread on this topic moved. I'm just waiting...

Anyhoo, i really don't know how I feel about this. It seems wrong somehow... :confused3

This is going to be the second thread on this topic moved. I'm just waiting...

Anyhoo, i really don't know how I feel about this. It seems wrong somehow... :confused3

agreed..as I said in other thread...Please DO NOT integrate marvel characters at Disneyland...get another park somewhere for them, but not in DL or DCA...ok???

I think Disney's smart enough to know not to ruin a good thing. Disneyland is what it is. There is no place for Marvel characters in that park. I think they know that.

I can see Marvel being added to DCA just like Pixar and The Muppets already are, or adding them to Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida. But honestly, Universal has contracts that allow them to use the characters at Islands of Adventure and from what I'm reading, that's not going to change. The licensing fee that will be paid to Disney might change though, but Iger stated that he's honoring contracts that are already in place for the use of those characters. Down the road 5-10 years from now? That might change.

Disney just wants to target the niche of the market they haven't excelled at. Boys. Pirates hasn't taken off like they thought and Cars is all they've got going for boys at the moment. Comics will do this. They already own a comic publishing company. I'm sure when Disney partnered with Touchstone, Mirimax or Pixar everyone thought it was a bad idea, but look how those partnerships worked out.

This was a business decision to make money. Bottom line. You won't see Wolverine or Spiderman hanging out on Mainstreet.

Zeitzeuge, I agree with your post. I dont see it going into DL. But I can kinda picture it in DCA.

And as far as attracting younger boys, Disney has my family excited. My Husband and Son are crazy about Marvel. So they are pretty happy about this deal. And if this gets my husband more excited to go to DL then im all for it:rolleyes1 he he he!

Sorry..I don't see it in DCA either..especially with the new theming. I can see financially why they bought them, but hope to never see it integrating in any Disney place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter