• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow - Airfare From Ny To Tampa - $121 Rt

Mickey's House2

Earning My Ears
Hi;

We are going to BCV in February..I have been checking airfare online every week..Last night I checked again and I couldn't believe it..I booked 4 roundtrip tickets from Albany, NY to Tampa, FL for $121 each, this is with tax. We were going to rent a car anyways but obviously the downside to flying into Tampa is you can't use Magical Express..The price for flying into Orlando was more than $100 per ticket so I think we save in the long run. This was on Continental Airlines.

Mickey's House2 said:
Hi;

We are going to BCV in February..I have been checking airfare online every week..Last night I checked again and I couldn't believe it..I booked 4 roundtrip tickets from Albany, NY to Tampa, FL for $121 each, this is with tax. We were going to rent a car anyways but obviously the downside to flying into Tampa is you can't use Magical Express..The price for flying into Orlando was more than $100 per ticket so I think we save in the long run. This was on Continental Airlines.

I saw these rates too! I was wondering though... what kind of service can you find between Tampa and Orlando??? I usually fly out of Buffalo as well, do you know how long of a drive it is??? THanks

misslissa said:
I saw these rates too! I was wondering though... what kind of service can you find between Tampa and Orlando??? I usually fly out of Buffalo as well, do you know how long of a drive it is??? THanks
Tampa is about 90 miles from WDW. Depending on traffic, it's a 90-120 minute drive from the airport to your resort. It's a viable option - especially if you were going to rent a car anyway.

Best wishes -

...and the drive is better now than it was in the past. Except for a short stretch thru Tampa, and then again in Lakeland, it's a minimum of 3 lanes eastbound the whole way to WDW.

We're flying into tampa next sat. The airfare was so much better out of atlantic city we couldnt pass it up. I'll post when I get back and let you know how it went. We always rent a car so that wasnt an issue.

TR Denise said:
We're flying into tampa next sat. The airfare was so much better out of atlantic city we couldnt pass it up. I'll post when I get back and let you know how it went. We always rent a car so that wasnt an issue.

We flew into Orlando, out of Tampa once. We allowed a couple of extra hours driving time to get to the airport. It was fine. (*Unlike* the last time we flew into Orange County Airport to go to San Diego!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter