• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all, some background information, my husband I are are a couple in our early to mid-30's and it'll be just us on this trip. Right now we are booked at CSR in the GDT. I have been to Disney twice. Once at CBR, once at CSR (not GDT). Right now with the trip insurance we are paying appx $2,400 for a 4 night/5 day stay with the 5 day park promo. Would you move to Disney's Boardwalk for appx $2,800? We like a mix of resort time and park time, we enjoy the pools, but we don't mind buses either. We would be visiting each of the parks once. Any help is appreciated. Thank you again.

Last edited:
We’ve never stayed at Boardwalk but have stayed at BC twice and Swan several times. The Epcot resorts are our favorite area. We loved walking around the Boardwalk in the evenings. Being able to walk to Epcot and HS is a major plus. I would make the switch.

Hi all, some background information, my husband I are are a couple in our early to mid-30's and it'll be just us on this trip. Right now we are booked at CSR in the GDT. I have been to Disney twice. Once at CBR, once at CSR (not GDT). Right now with the trip insurance we are paying appx $2,400 for a 4 night/5 day stay with the 5 day park promo. Would you move to Disney's Boardwalk for appx $2,800? We like a mix of resort time and park time, we enjoy the pools, but we don't mind buses either. We would be visiting each of the parks once. Any help is appreciated. Thank you again.
So $400 more than what you're paying now? 100% I'd switch.

I certainly don’t hide my lack of appreciation for the style/decor of the BWI rooms and think GDT wins in that category by a mile. But, location, location, location. For young, active, out and about, pop in and out of parks Disney travelers (especially given today’s distanced transportation constraints), to me that leans towards BWI.

Thank you. If I decide to switch, how would I do it? I never switched resorts, and I want to be careful as I already bought my plane tickets.

I assume you booked directly through Disney?

The first option is to modify your existing reservation.

Click My Disney Experiance at the top right of Disney’s website. Then click My Plans. Scroll down to your resort reservation. If available to modify online, the “Change Reservation” button will be clickable to the right. Follow the subsequent screens for various ways to change your reservation. Some reservation types are not eligible to modify online and you’ll need to call (407-939-5277).

Another option is to just book a new reservation at BWI and cancel the old reservation. Some reservation types can be cancelled online (look for the “Cancel Reservation” link on the same screen above), some need to be handled via phone.

Hope all of that makes sense.

I assume you booked directly through Disney?

The first option is to modify your existing reservation.

Click My Disney Experiance at the top right of Disney’s website. Then click My Plans. Scroll down to your resort reservation. If available to modify online, the “Change Reservation” button will be clickable to the right. Follow the subsequent screens for various ways to change your reservation. Some reservation types are not eligible to modify online and you’ll need to call (407-939-5277).

Another option is to just book a new reservation at BWI and cancel the old reservation. Some reservation types can be cancelled online (look for the “Cancel Reservation” link on the same screen above), some need to be handled via phone.

Hope all of that makes sense.

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Thank you. Won’t it change my package too as I was originally booked under the theme park promo?
Not sure, but keep track of your original prices, and then see what the new price is, and you can cancel out of it before you give the final OK and go back to your original deal. You have to do the math tho--they make it REEEEAAAL easy to keep saying--oh it's just another few hundred dollars.

Book one resort regular view, then upgrade to a better view, then upgrade to a better resort, then upgrade to a better view at THAT resort......it gets me every time.

Not sure, but keep track of your original prices, and then see what the new price is, and you can cancel out of it before you give the final OK and go back to your original deal. You have to do the math tho--they make it REEEEAAAL easy to keep saying--oh it's just another few hundred dollars.

Book one resort regular view, then upgrade to a better view, then upgrade to a better resort, then upgrade to a better view at THAT resort......it gets me every time.

Thank you. It can quickly add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter