• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you ?

NigelR

Earning My Ears
Do any of you think it is crazy to fly from New England Disney World Orlando. The Trip would be for a family of 4 for 3 days only and would cost $2000 when you add a nice off property hotel and car rental. We are pass holders so don't have to pay again for park tickets. We signed up for the 2 hour Pandora preview.

We can afford it, but man I wish we could spend more days. We don't want to pull the kids out of school more than one day. I should also mention that we are going in August again for a longer period.

What do you guys think? is $2000 for 3 days crazy?

Only you can weigh the pros and cons of the trip vs. your budget. If it's money you won't miss and will get a kick out of being some of the first in Pandora, you should considering it.

You're also on a board that would likely tell you to do it.

Last edited:
That really is something you have to be able to justify to yourself. We don't know your situation.

Honestly, I don't feel like would be getting my money's worth with only 3 days. Maybe if it was 1 week.
On the other hand, we could basically hit all 4 parks in 3 days, utilizing park hopping and fast passes.
The 2 hour preview of Pandora would be the icing on the cake.

Our situation is that we are tired and need a break. Money isn't an issue, but I still have that feeling of leaving a store knowing I've overpaid for something. Hey... its Disney.. we overpay for everything... lol

Would I? Nope. I tend to go by myself (dh hates to travel), so it's only me paying for airfare, and food. Pandora is going to be there in August. BUT....if you and your family feel it's worth it, then go. I can go three times for that amount!!

Would I? Nope. I tend to go by myself (dh hates to travel), so it's only me paying for airfare, and food. Pandora is going to be there in August. BUT....if you and your family feel it's worth it, then go. I can go three times for that amount!!

Thanks for the feedback. Good point re: August.

I tend to go by myself also, and have gone for 4 days trips. Between airfare and hotel, I probably spend at least $500, so your $2000 for a family of 4 is comparable I guess.

If you can do it, then do it. Sometimes those shorter trips are just enough to get you through the rest of the school year and summer until the real vacation. A three day get away pretty much anywhere you'd have to fly would be similar in cost. Also, if you're going to see the Pandora preview, you might be able to skip it in August for crowd purposes if you wanted to.
We are going in two weeks and also doing the Pandora preview. And wishes last show. And it's intentional as we don't want to deal with crowds this summer at AK. And disney as a whole.

If we still lived there, yes we would do it.

If we still lived there, yes we would do it.

Don't tempt me to move there. Already thinking about it :)

If flights from NE were cheap we'd be there all the time. We've already flown down 4 times in the last 9 months. The longest we stayed was 2 weeks, the least was 4 days.

(quote) ... Do any of you think it is crazy ... for a family of 4 for 3 days only and would cost $2000 when you add a nice off property hotel and car rental. We are pass holders ... (close quote).

The Annual Pass cries out from the dresser drawer, "Use me! Use me!" and claims another victim!

Personally, I would not make a trip for so short a time. If some other irregularity like a flight delay happened then you might end up with less than 3 days. And don't forget all the hours of preparations and packing just prior to your trip.

Last edited:
Actually, the AP has saved us quite a lot since we go often. We usually only travel when the kids are out of school.
This makes it difficult to find cheap flights since the airlines inflate prices during school vacation.
Looked into driving from NE to FL but 4 days (round trip) would be wasted on the road that could be spent in the parks.
I supposed I could drive nonstop, and make it in 21 hours, but that would be dangerous.

In a heartbeat!

We actually are doing a 4 day weekend for pandora DVC preview - but obviously we won't have to pay for the room. $200 r/t flights and meals - worth it 100%!!!! The kids will never forget the time we pulled them out of school for a quick unplanned Disney trip. That's worth $2,000 to me.

In a heartbeat!

We actually are doing a 4 day weekend for pandora DVC preview - but obviously we won't have to pay for the room. $200 r/t flights and meals - worth it 100%!!!! The kids will never forget the time we pulled them out of school for a quick unplanned Disney trip. That's worth $2,000 to me.

Very nice. Hope you and your family enjoy it. We already scheduled all of our DVC points on a future stay, so have to pay for off property rooms. I've heard The Holiday Inn Resort w/ Water Park is OK. Still looking at different hotels that are close. We won't be in the rooms much at all though. I would have gone with pop century or another value, but they are all sold out.

Very nice. Hope you and your family enjoy it. We already scheduled all of our DVC points on a future stay, so have to pay for off property rooms. I've heard The Holiday Inn Resort w/ Water Park is OK. Still looking at different hotels that are close. We won't be in the rooms much at all though. I would have gone with pop century or another value, but they are all sold out.

Wow! We must have lucked out finding a room then!! We never enjoy our hotel on quick trips so that's the perfect time to stay off property! Hope your family has a great time! They're only kids once- it's worth the splurge in my book!!

ETA- not sure where you are located in New England but we are going to fly direct out of providence on SW. It was $99 each way and they are still that cheap as of today (keep checking for a price drop!)

Last edited:
Wow! We must have lucked out finding a room then!! We never enjoy our hotel on quick trips so that's the perfect time to stay off property! Hope your family has a great time! They're only kids once- it's worth the splurge in my book!!

ETA- not sure where you are located in New England but we are going to fly direct out of providence on SW. It was $99 each way and they are still that cheap as of today (keep checking for a price drop!)

We're in MA. You just saved me some major $$$$. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
As others have said, only you know your budget. I often fly from California for a 4 day trip (1 day flying, 3 and half days parks, late flight home). Once I went for 1 day (for the DIS Harry Potter private party at UA). Flew in Friday night, left Sunday afternoon. Worth it to me? You bet!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter