• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would You Work If You Didn't Have To?

Assume you have enough income to live comfortably but you could still work. Would you?

A few months ago, Dan Aykroyd was in town hawking his vodka. It was a Friday night and a long way from his home. I can't imagine he needs the money, and it struck me that I probably wouldn't be working. That's what he was doing...

Define "work." If I ever won the lottery, I'd be giving the majority of my money away. Special Olympics, animal rescue centers, various civic and other charitable organizations. I imagine that requires a least a modicum of effort. And of course, I'd want to see what I was donating to before I saw it; no one is getting treated in the Rastahomie Wing of St. Luke's Hospital without me having a look-see.

I would love to not have to work. I look around at my house and think of all I could get done if I was home all day. And I'm a little sad I wasn't able to stay home with my kids when they were little. Now that they are both in school, though, I think if I didn't work I'd still have to do something part time outside the home- volunteer at the kids school or with some organization.

Heck no unless I could set my own hours because I actually like my job.
I think by work the OP meant job where you are getting paid and have a set schedule.

Don't work but about to be empty nest and DH is pushing that I go back to work and with 3 in college I suppose I will work. But my answer to OP is no.

I would probably keep my job for a while since it's only part time. But I would like knowing I had the flexibility to quit if I wanted to. I do think I would get bored being at home all the time. I would try to set myself a schedule like getting regular exercise, doing volunteer work, etc.

Work how? Does volunteer work count? We have our own business, and if we won the lotto tomorrow, we would hire people to take over the day to day operation but I might keep a few clients.

I would still work, DH would quit for sure! I love my job but maybe I'd drop to 25-30 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter