• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you upgrade from 9C to 9A on the Wonder?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
We’ve never cruised before so I have no experience. We’re booked in a 9C GTY oceanview room for our cruise on the Wonder in January because that’s all that was available when we booked. I see now that some 9A rooms are available to book - on decks 5 and 7. The 9C rooms are on deck 2. Would you switch for an extra $600 for a family of four? I’m not sure what the difference is between the decks. Thanks!

We love deck 2 on the Wonder! Very quiet location and close to everything on decks 3 , 4, and 5. We would not switch to 9A.
Ok, good to know! It's really hard to know what's "better" or "worth it" when you've never been on a cruise before! Thank you!

I wouldn’t. I think the 9A’s are overpriced. They are also fairly forward on the ship and you can feel the motion more than on deck 2.

I agree with others. We’ve also love deck 2 on the Wonder. I’d save the money for your next cruise!

I tend to love high places, in hotels, on ships, etc. But I "accidentally" ended up on deck 2 on one of my Wonder cruises and loved it. It was convenient, quiet, and kind of cozier somehow. Agreed, I'd save the money for something else.

While 9A may be more convenient to kids clubs or closer to deck 9, the premium Disney puts on "A" subcategory in oceanview and deluxe inside is not justifiable. Deck 2 on classics is great - we sailed on both Magic and Wonder on deck 2 and loved it. Also, considering you are in 9C GTY, you may end up in 9B or even 9A.

If you can get a 9A on Deck 7 I would definitely switch. Depending on where you are on Deck 2 you may hear/feel the thrusters and vibration. 9A on Deck 5 is not great because the 9A rooms are over the Walt Disney Theater and you hear the noise, sometimes late at night when they have a Premear at Sea and the shows have matinees and rehearsals during the day. 9A on Deck 7 is extremely quiet if that’s important to you.

If you can get a 9A on Deck 7 I would definitely switch. Depending on where you are on Deck 2 you may hear/feel the thrusters and vibration. 9A on Deck 5 is not great because the 9A rooms are over the Walt Disney Theater and you hear the noise, sometimes late at night when they have a Premear at Sea and the shows have matinees and rehearsals during the day. 9A on Deck 7 is extremely quiet if that’s important to you.
Room 7508 on deck 7 is available right now for about $600 more than what we're paying in a 9C GTY.

Room 7508 on deck 7 is available right now for about $600 more than what we're paying in a 9C GTY.
7508 looks like a great location. Staterooms across, above and below, and you know where your room will be in advance vs 9C guaranty. Also convenient to walk up to Deck 9 pools vs Deck 2. I think it comes down to how sensitive you are to noise and whether you would rather put that $600 towards port adventures, onboard, etc.

I have been on 20 Disney cruises, mostly all the older ships. We always choose deck 6 or 7 forward rooms. Very quiet, no foot traffic, insulated on all sides from public spaces that can be loud. You will have a great time whatever you choose!

I wouldn't switch and just save mg $600. We've stayed on Deck 2 on both Magic and Wonder on a 9C and we loved it! Some people think that on Deck 2 you're very very close to the water but it's not. It's very convenient and quiet.

Glad I stumbled through here...we are deck 2 for the first time on the Magic (also first time on one of the classics). Seems like it was a great choice from the chatter here. I assume 1 big port hole is better than 2 smaller ones.

Glad I stumbled through here...we are deck 2 for the first time on the Magic (also first time on one of the classics). Seems like it was a great choice from the chatter here. I assume 1 big port hole is better than 2 smaller ones.
Another Magic/Wonder deck 2 lover here!

I think 1 big port hole is better than 2 small...but then as I need a window, I'd think 2 small is better than no windows! Only deck 1 has the 2 small portholes. Deck 2 all has large portholes with the 9B category having slightly larger portholes than 9C.

I've sailed on the Magic/Wonder on just about every deck and the one we've done the most (by FAR) -- Deck 2. It's not that the others weren't great, it's just that we don't really find it worth the money to move up a few decks. $600 could buy a lot of things to make your cruise more magical. And you are in a guarantee so you may get put in a 9A without having to pay the extra, if you are a gambler at heart!

We’re kind of right at the amount we feel comfortable spending in the 9C room. We’re pretty frugal but we don’t mind splurging a bit sometimes if we feel like we’re getting a really good upgrade. It sounds like the 9A room is nice but in most opinions, probably not worth $600 more since the 9C room is pretty good already. It would be nice to have th extra money to put towards excursions for sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter