Would you switch?

mom2lns

Mouseketeer
For no change in price, we could switch from 5A (deck 9, 203 sq.ft.) to a 4C (deck 7, 256 sq.ft.). DH thinks navigating up to the pool is easier with only 2 decks as opposed to 4 decks (and taking the elevators).

Should we stay where we are or move to the slightly bigger room?

TIA.

For no change in price, we could switch from 5A (deck 9, 203 sq.ft.) to a 4C (deck 7, 256 sq.ft.). DH thinks navigating up to the pool is easier with only 2 decks as opposed to 4 decks (and taking the elevators).

Should we stay where we are or move to the slightly bigger room?

TIA.

53 sq feet is a lot of extra room! I would do it!

I would definitely move to a larger cabin at no additional charge. Tell your husband the exercise is good for him! ;)

Before changing I would just check cabin numbers and where they are located exactially on each deck.

Larger sounds better but see where you are located and what is above you and how close you are to the elevators.

Linda

I'd switch, you are getting a little under 30% more space for no extra cost but like the poster above says, check the cabin numbers to compare the acutal site of each cabin.

Our current rooms (two connecting) are between the two sets of elevators that are close together (I think near the rear), and the new rooms would be very much mid.

I think switching sounds like the way to go. I've also read, though, that the elevators on the Dream are crowded all the time. If this is the case, maybe staying on 9 is better. Oh, I just don't know.

I see where your DH is coming from, but the larger stateroom would win out, IMO.

Our current rooms (two connecting) are between the two sets of elevators that are close together (I think near the rear), and the new rooms would be very much mid.

I think switching sounds like the way to go. I've also read, though, that the elevators on the Dream are crowded all the time. If this is the case, maybe staying on 9 is better. Oh, I just don't know.

Two extra flights up to the pool won't turn out to be a huge deal with all the walking you have to do on the ship anyway. We love both mid and aft, so my vote would be extra space for free!

We have stayed on deck 10 and deck 8 I much preferred deck 8 as we like to take the stairs and were much more central to all the action. We have deck 7 booked for our next cruise. It was not fun carrying a sleeping DD from the theater up 7 flights of stairs as our cabin was forward and the forward elevators are mobbed after the nightly shows.

I would totally move. Just stayed in a 5A cabin (9648) and it felt tight (and I am average size, not pooh sized). I think we would prefer decks 7 or 8 as well, being more equidistant between the pool decks and the stuff going on below :goodvibes

I cannot speak to the elevators because we literally take the stairs whole cruise. I am an exerciser and in shape and after a 3-night on the Dream, my calves were sore. A good burn :thumbsup2

I would move as well for the extra room and the mid ship location. I personally prefer mid ship. we also never take the elevators, we use the stairs.

less flights to the kids clubs. 2 more flights to the pools....hmmm sounds like a great trade.

the storage is significant -- even with 2 staterooms.

Do both sets of staterooms connect? I'd take connecting over storage or location if both staterooms are for your immediate family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter