Would you stay at BWV or S/D if price diferences was $200?

MermaidMommy said:
A lot of differing opinions, although it looks like BWV has a bit of an edge over S/D. The price difference between the two resrots is $200 total (including parking and resort fees at S/D) for a 4 night visit (so $50 a night). Normally, I'd go with BWI, but we've already stretched the vacation from 8 nights to 11, and have splurged to do WL for 4 days before we get to either S/D or BWI. It's been one of those, "Hey, but if we just paid an extra $100/$200/$300 we could stay longer/better, etc." type trips. I keep telling myself that I have to stop the spending somewhere! :rolleyes1

The other issue is that I would be more comfortable not having to rent points -- which means a non-refundable payment -- which I would have to do with BWI. And, I would qualify for one of the S/D's cheaper promotions (teacher) if it comes out later, so I could potentially save more at S/D.

Thanks, everyone, for the help!

Did you see my tip about the Starwood American Express card? Free nights at swalphin my friend... FREE

While I've never stayed at BWV, I have stayed at both S/D and I never felt like I was suffering by staying there. We personally didn't like the Dolphin, due mostly to it's size, but we love the Swan and have stayed there multiple times. You can't find a better bed on site plus you get Starbucks coffee in the room. I've got an upcoming trip for four nights in May that's going to cost about $250 due to a couple free nights and a couple cash and points nights. If I didn't have the rental car it would be under $200. I don't know any deluxe, let alone in the Epcot area where you can get such a deal.

Hands down BW. We just did Swan last yr - it was a good value but for us, we really missed the resort feel - Swan/Dolphin have an outdated business hotel feel. Not a vacation resort feel. Also the food options at the hotels were not good and the rooms very basic/bland. We really missed the Disney magic and are willing to pay more for BC this yr.

There are 17 restaurants at the S/D including:
Shula's
Il Mulino
Blue Zoo
Kimonos
Garden Grove
Picbu
Fresh,etc.

OP, the BWV standard studios are basically a hotel room. If you're renting points, you won't get housekeeping. We are DVC members at BWV and we love it BUT I would not trade a room at the Dolphin for a standard BWV studio.
Save your $200. We stay at either the Swan or Dolphin often and they are very nice.
I had to laugh at the asylum comment because my husband said the other day that the Contemporary makes him think of the movie, Coma. OP, I promise the S/D are not asylum-like. Also, there are conventions at many of the deluxe Disney resorts- CR, GF, YC, BW and the moderate, CSR.

OP, I think you will be very happy with your decision. I've stayed in BW & BC, both the hotels and villas, at least ten times. I stayed at the Swan in June because I couldn't commit to renting points, and didn't want to spend the money for two rooms at either. I'm going back to the Swan/Dolphin in May. This time to the Dolphin. They are lovely resorts, and you will most likely be very happy.

I love the Dolphin. We stayed there in May 2012 then again for 7 nights for Christmas 2012/New Year's Eve. And are booked there again for our July 4th and DD's 6th birthday trip. Their customer service is great. And the hotel is lovely. There are lots of restaurants and dining options, shops including a candy store and a Disney store, a spa, a gorgeous pool with a playground for kids, a kid's club, boat transportation to Epcot and HS, or you could walk to either, and buses to the other parks and downtown Disney. And you get the extra magic hours park benefit as well. No, you do not get DME or a dining plan but some of the Dolphin and Swan restaurants give AAA members 20% off and some restaurants accept the TIW card. Mears, Alamo and National are located inside the hotel for your transportation needs. Airport transportation isn't complimentary but in comparison to Disney's hotel costs, you are still saving money using Mears or other taxi services and using Alamo or National is super convenient. I do not understand how anyone could say there is no Disney feel to this hotel as you are on Disney property; literally walking distance to Epcot. Save the $200 for spending money on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter