would you resort hop if...

llrain

<font color=green>Has a one-way ticket to the funn
you were staying for 9 Nights would you resort hop to 3 different resorts.

I know we are officially at 2 trying to squeeze the 3rd into one of the other 2.....But would it be so bad to just do 3 resorts?

just seems like alot of moving around....I like to unpack everything and stay put.

we do have our own car so thats not an issue

part 1 is either back to POR or a new one we havent been, CSR
part 2 is OKW
Part 3 is VWL

Yes I would definetly do it, I already have I stayed at the poly for 1 night, AKL for 1 night then BWI for 2 nights. I never unpack my suotcaes I just live out of them. I of course don't have any little kids so that might of been a different story. This was the only way I could try different hotels. Tis yr I am doing something real different and out of character for me, staying at BWI concierge for 7 nights, got the 5 for 7 nights deal:D

Yes! We've done this more than once & enjoyed it immensely. Two specific times I remember are: 3 @ POR/BC/GF & 3@POP/VWL/BWV. We love to resort hop & plan our theme parks around the resort we're staying at.:p

We split our last stay with two kids in tow....it was miserable yelling at them to get their stuff picked up from ALL over....but it was also a shorter stay -- 3 nights WL/2 nights BC....

We went one time with our son only and split the stay and it wasn't as bad, but to be honest, it's not my thing....I prefer to unpack somewhat and just relax....repacking and moving wouldn't be my thing for the 9 days you're there....2 resorts would be plenty!!

princess:

Why not? I see nothing wrong with it. Its a good idea. ::MickeyMo

We did a BWV/OKW split on our last trip and it turned out well. However I personally would not do a third resort. I also like to unpack and find a place for everything. I don't like living out of the suitcase.

Also even though we too had our own car we let Disney handle the luggage transfer and found this a very smooth and hassle free way to move. I see you are staying at DVC resorts like we were and will probably have food items with you. When we switched resorts they refridgerated all of our food items that needed so we didn't have to worry about spoilage. Plus with them handling the transfer we left BWV in the morning after bell services had picked up our luggage and then went to the parks for the morning and early afternoon. We then went over to OKW to check in and got to our room and had bell services bring up our luggage. It was so convenient that we did not have to lug it around with us all day and my DH was especially glad it wasn't him who had to move the luggage up the stairs at OKW! :) Just a little tidbit you might want to consider.

Personal Preference.

(My personal preference is NO.)

We have done 2 during a trip but never 3.

However, I want to try to do multiple resorts during a 16 night stay...my DW thinks I'm crazy :crazy:

I would like to do 4 resorts for 4 nights each!
AKL - GF - BC - POLY ::yes:: It HAS to be in that order also.
That would be a blast!

Maybe my DW is right...:rolleyes:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We did 3 resorts on our last 9 night trip and it really wasn't that bad. I don't unpack my suitcase, just use the secondary bag for dirty clothes and souveniers go into the emptying suitcase. It wasn't much of a hassle and we got to see some great hotels. If you just want a taste of a resort, I would say go for it. If you want to be immersed in the full experience, I would stick with just 2.

THIS SEPTEMBER WILL BE THE FIRST TIME ME AND MY FAMILY WILL RESORT HOP:Pinkbounc :bounce:

WE ARE ALREADY BOOKED FOR UNIVERSAL THE FIRST THREE NIGHTS OF OUR TRIP.............THEN WE HEAD OVER TO ANIMAL KINGDOM FOR A SEVEN NIGHT STAY..........BUT BEFORE WE HEAD OVER TO UNIVERSAL I'M TRYING TO WORK ON STAYING AT THE DOLPHIN FOR THREE NIGHTS......... BUT JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE DOLPHIN ONLY HAS ROOMS AVAILABLE FOR THE SECOND AND THIRD NIGHT STAY...... SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL STAY AT THE SWAN THE FIRST NIGHT......... SOOOOOOOO CONFUSING :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

SO HERE IT GOES
1 NIGHTS SWAN
2 NIGHTS DOLHIN
3 NIGHTS ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT
7NIGHTS AKL CL

BOY AM I GETTING DIRTY LOOKS FROM MY HUSBAN...........AND I HAVEN'T EVEN TOLD HIM ABOUT THE SWAN AND DOLPHIN :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

No, I wouldn't.

Two is enough for me.

I like to upack and settle in and feel at home.

It's all up to the person. It sounds like you would be more comfortable with two.

Karen

I had never heard of people hopping from resort to resort during one trip until these boards. I enjoy staying at one resort the entire time (but I don't stay over 8 days). Am I the minority here?princess:

We have always stayed in the same resort, until our last trip in April! We decided to split our 4 nights into 2/Poly CL and 2 AKL/CL!! It was a lot of fun - but we loved both enough to spend the whole time there!!::yes::

We did not live out of our suitcases, we took 2 duffle bags and a bag with our toiletries. One duffle held all the stuff we needed for the first 2 nights, and we completely unpacked that duffle. As we used our clothing, we re-packed the empty duffle with our dirty clothes. On check-out day at the Poly, we just gathered up our toiletries, and headed over to AKL, then unpacked the second duffle. Hakuna Matata!!

Our next trip is 6 nights, and we have split between WL and BWI! We really liked having 2 trips in one!!::yes:: So, I guess I would say "YES!" Go for that 3rd resort!!:teeth:

Have a great trip!:wave:

I wouldn't resort hop if I were staying 10 nights! I like to unpack once and not worry about it until it is time to go home. If I want to try another resort then I make another trip.

I vote Yes .. I am a single mom w/ 2 kids and we do it because we want to sample them all hopefully someday !! good luck with you decision.. Michelle

I have done two in one visit since we had old hoppers to use before we started on our dream maker package stay. I wish I could afford to buy annuals it would save me in he long run. But I can't do it thie trip either. I have to change resorts again so we can do a room only at the end of our stay. There was not a room available at the Pop Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter